jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

TAS Plugin

nolem · 96 · 93828

Bass

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hello everyone! I've recently installed this plugin, but I have no clue how to use it... I mean recording works fine, showing path and projectiles too... But... I can't "overwrite" my run. When I try to use "tas frame save" it says something like this: "[TAS] There is already a recording with this filename!". And using "tas frame delete" gives no result. Just "FRAME DELETED" appears on screen and that's all.  What am I doing wrong? I'm new to this kind of things, so if someone could post some tutorial video or something... I will be thankful. :(

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Don't use it
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Hello everyone! I've recently installed this plugin, but I have no clue how to use it... I mean recording works fine, showing path and projectiles too... But... I can't "overwrite" my run. When I try to use "tas frame save" it says something like this: "[TAS] There is already a recording with this filename!". And using "tas frame delete" gives no result. Just "FRAME DELETED" appears on screen and that's all.  What am I doing wrong? I'm new to this kind of things, so if someone could post some tutorial video or something... I will be thankful. :(

You said you were using tas frame save but that will only happen if you are using tas save <filename>. Try making sure that you are actually using tas frame save.

sorry for the shitty command naming

Bass

• View Profile
Thank you for your advice, but I have another question... If I use tas frame save it says (in console ofc): "[TAS] 0 ticks saved to "tf\addons\runs\jump_4starters-frame.recording". Ok everything is fine, but... My main question is: If I record whole run with "tas record", how can I edit it? I mean change positions of my character, etc etc...? (I hope you know what I mean ;-;) I can't find any tutorial how2use it :( Please forgive me for being such noob. ;_;

nolem, can I add you on Steam? I mean I've already sent invite, but you didn't accept it yet :(
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 01:45:50 PM by Bass »

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, so here is a general run down of the tas process.

First you use tas record to start the recording. This starts a recording with no name, and you don't give it one until you save the recording for the first time, usually after you have recorded some things.

Next you record your jumping. The commands you use are tas frame save, to create save points, tas frame goto, to go to your most recent save point, tas frame rewind x, to rewind x ticks in the recording and tas frame delete, to delete your most recent save point.

Next, after you have recorded some things, you use tas save x to save your recording, where x is the file name you want. The plugin automatically puts the map name in the recording name, so if you are playing on 4starters and use tas save tas1 you would end up with a file called jump_4starters-tas1.

If you want to go back to a recording you have made already to work on it more, using tas list will show a list of all recordings saved for the current map. Then you use tas load x, where x is the name of your recording NOT including the map name, only the part after the -.

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Thank you for your advice, but I have another question... If I use tas frame save it says (in console ofc): "[TAS] 0 ticks saved to "tf\addons\runs\jump_4starters-frame.recording". Ok everything is fine, but... My main question is: If I record whole run with "tas record", how can I edit it? I mean change positions of my character, etc etc...? (I hope you know what I mean ;-;) I can't find any tutorial how2use it :( Please forgive me for being such noob. ;_;

nolem, can I add you on Steam? I mean I've already sent invite, but you didn't accept it yet :(

You used tas save frame not tas frame save. Once you use tas record you can use that command to save checkpoints throughout the recording. You can also make these checkpoints when playing back the recording either with tas play or with tas remind. To then restart from one of those checkpoints you made use tas frame goto.

Edit: thanks 879m

Chief

• View Profile
not really a huge issue, and its probably me being really dumb, but i'll still post this here. (hopefully it makes sense)

Whenever I play back an stv demo of a tas i've recorded, the demo looks like (at least for demoman) the interp settings have changed and the stickies look all weird. Here's an example where I record an stv demo of both doing the jump normally, and playing back the jump through "tas play", and the stickies in the normal jump look good, while in the tas playback, they look bad.

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
not really a huge issue, and its probably me being really dumb, but i'll still post this here. (hopefully it makes sense)

Whenever I play back an stv demo of a tas i've recorded, the demo looks like (at least for demoman) the interp settings have changed and the stickies look all weird. Here's an example where I record an stv demo of both doing the jump normally, and playing back the jump through "tas play", and the stickies in the normal jump look good, while in the tas playback, they look bad.

Probably something to do with the fact that the plugin teleports you every tick. Teleporting normally does funny things with interp and it could be causing this effect. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about this because stickies have random spread and the engine is not entirely deterministic with projectiles (so far as I can tell), so it needs to teleport you every tick to avoid desyncs.

TheHypeGamer

• View Profile
Can you do a quick tutorial on how to use it? I'm new with TAS.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile

Did you even read the original post?... All commands are super easy to use.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile

dont do it you will get vac
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Looks like they changed one of the signatures the plugin relies on. It's been a while since I've had to fix any of this stuff but I'll look into it soon ish.

fishy

hopefully it's related to why it crashes my client when i try to run stv and tas simultaneously