• Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
TAS is fixed  8)

Now a little note - after I fixed the initial issue I had to change the way a few of the internal things work. I've tested it a bit and had Ned play around with it and I believe it is working as before but if not please let me know as soon as possible. My main areas of concern would be STV weirdness (more than usual) and some issues with viewmodels and stuff not firing.
scratch that I found a way to make it literally the same as before

Also by default the plugin no longer messes with your ammo at all. If for some reason you liked that you can turn it back on with "tas control_ammo".

New download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3PhHB4Z67zRUHpSV0t2Q3BLN2c
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:39:42 AM by nolem »

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

Adestix

• Novice
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit
And this idiot has power on the entire forum...

(let's be civil, now...)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 05:06:46 AM by John »

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile

vauxra

• View Profile

ondkaja

• View Profile
Don't know if this is still under development but there is a bug regarding being crouched while pressing the reset button (i.e. "tas frame goto"). If you are crouched while being in the brief replay state afterwards , the player position is lower than it should be. So every time you press the reset button, you have to make sure you are uncrouched until you can move again.

Reproducable with this recording:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eS1er9QA5mVxDAfg4p1mqnJfFVS8oRmm/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 10:43:55 AM by ondkaja »

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Don't know if this is still under development but there is a bug regarding being crouched while pressing the reset button (i.e. "tas frame goto"). If you are crouched while being in the brief replay state afterwards , the player position is lower than it should be. So every time you press the reset button, you have to make sure you are uncrouched until you can move again.

Reproducable with this recording:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eS1er9QA5mVxDAfg4p1mqnJfFVS8oRmm/view?usp=sharing

Hmm I haven't actually worked on the plugin in a very long time, but based on some of my old code that is now commented out I feel like this should be handled:
Code: [Select]
/* No real need for this any more with the ghost tick thing, it accounts for it
if (ucmd->buttons & IN_DUCK && !(recording.getCommand(teleportToFrame - ghostTicks).buttons & IN_DUCK)) {
Msg("[TAS] Crouch Mismatch\n");
}
if ( !(ucmd->buttons & IN_DUCK ) && recording.getCommand(teleportToFrame - ghostTicks).buttons & IN_DUCK) {
Msg("[TAS] Crouch Mismatch\n");
}
*/
Basically, for the period of the "ghost ticks" (the time before it starts recording again while it has control) it should be completely overriding player input and teleporting you every tick, so even if there was initially a mismatch I feel like it should smooth out (and apparently that's what I thought in the past too).

Is this something you can consistently reproduce? As in it's not some funky edge case right at the bounds of the ghost tick window? I haven't gotten a chance to look at the recording yet - sorry if it's clear from looking at it. Any extra info you have would be helpful until I have a chance to investigate more.

Also, I was actually working on getting a working dev environment on my current computer a few weeks ago, but worst case I still have my other computer lying around somewhere that has it working.

hex

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Also, I was actually working on getting a working dev environment on my current computer a few weeks ago, but worst case I still have my other computer lying around somewhere that has it working.

stickybomb rewinding soon confirmed

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

stickybomb rewinding soon confirmed

ty for reminding me I removed it from the original post 8)