Welcome B)

jump_strike

pants · 28 · 7257

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Jump_bonus shouldn't have been added. they are seperate jumps, not intended as a run/map. And the jumps in general are horrible.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
As something to be noted. On jump 9 on tempus i switched from airstrike to rl back to airstrike and lost the airstrike attributes and couldn't get them back.

Yeah the fixed version should stop this from happening. The start of each jump has the triggers to give the buff, so you should be able to get it back if you loose it somehow.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
And the jumps in general are horrible.

why would u ever complain about bonuses they are bonuses for a reason

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
this map probably should not have been added, which underscores the current glut of maps that are either terrible or just have issues working in a server(this map is the latter)

there's nothing wrong with slowing down with the map additions and picking maps that are a good fit for competitive online play
Tempus breeds a culture of completion. Maps aren't just added as they come, admittedly some maps are absolutely abhorrent to run, they are always looked at/play tested/decompiled and just generally stripped apart to see if it's going to work or be fit for Tempus, or at least how to fix it to make it work. I can say that I haven't encountered any issues with this map after it's addition, at least that the new version won't fix.

With all that said, if there are any new maps, besides this, that you disagree with being added I'd like to know. There hasn't really been any negative feedback about recent maps, so it would be useful to have some.

While there haven't been any recent maps I think should not be on tempus, it's hard to give feedback about maps being added when it's between the mapper and you/sere only. As soon as a few people beat it, which is always quite soon after being made public, removing it barring a massive bug or exploit or a new version being released is rather iffy. Perhaps there should be a map adding thread, where you say one that you want to add, and people can say whether or not it is appropriate. This would also give the mapper a chance to fix the problems if they feel like it.

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
While there haven't been any recent maps I think should not be on tempus, it's hard to give feedback about maps being added when it's between the mapper and you/sere only. As soon as a few people beat it, which is always quite soon after being made public, removing it barring a massive bug or exploit or a new version being released is rather iffy. Perhaps there should be a map adding thread, where you say one that you want to add, and people can say whether or not it is appropriate. This would also give the mapper a chance to fix the problems if they feel like it.
That is a good idea, however it's probably only necessary for a select few maps. I do want to move away from the idea that once a map is added it can't be iterated upon unless it is significant enough, I think it might make playing less stale for some people if older versions of maps were wiped and replaced in favour of their newer and better versions. This will most likely be polled or at least made into a separate thread in the near future.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

Exactly the reason it should not be on tempus.

vice

• Intermediate
  • im shit at jumping
    • View Profile

Exactly the reason it should not be on tempus.
Well you and some other people(including me) may not like the map because it's horrible, but some other weird people(like gorge) might like the map. So that's not a reason for it to be removed. And they are bonuses. Most bonuses are bad so this map is meant to be bad. It's still a solid map(altho its bad imo), so it still has to be added in tempus. Usually the only time that maps should be removed in tempus is when the map breaks the tempus system or its just plain T0 for both classes(no maps like these tho thank god)

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
I even confused to what jump I was on after I completed one... Just too many doors, it's really dumb.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
I even confused to what jump I was on after I completed one... Just too many doors, it's really dumb.

this wouldn't have been a problem if the bonuses were bonuses

edit: i quote from the thread
hello friends it's time to submit all your jumps that were too lame or too whack for a regular map to me because jump_bonus is going to be a thing

so ya map was supposed to be bad but it should have been tolerable if they were all separate bonuses (+ all those free points)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:19:27 AM by John »

fishy

this is not the thread to have this discussion, please move this to the tempus subforum or just make a new thread

this thread is to discuss jump_strike, not what maps should and shouldn't be on tempus and why

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Sorry for the derail.
Really fun map yes. I still can't do the first jump the intended way though haha

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
yeah jump 1 is so hard, muuuuuuch easier to sync