Welcome B)

Post Tip of the Hats 2016 Discussion Thread

Vexon · 89 · 16212

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
The point isn't for both players to wait for each other and finish together though, once one person finishes the stream should move on to the next map to get more jumping in

This was supposed to be what happened.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy
That's what happened during the new JA map race.  After the first racer finished, the TotH guys switched the stream away from the game camera, and I used the chance to change maps while they were talking.

It's a bit disappointing for the other racers, but I think this approach will help us stick to the schedule while giving the TotH guys time to read out donations.

Sere

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Random points I thought of, no particular order:

-Eden was hype as fuck, the tutorial after killed the momentum. Imo, it wasn't even the fact that it took too long; If it was 5 minutes long it would have killed the hype. I don't think it should return next year.

-Collab map too hard and maybe took too long. This is partially due to the nature of collab maps tbh. Everyone wants to make a memorable, creative jump. Memorable creative jumps are hard to make, especially if you are trying to limit the difficulty, because most easy jumps have been done before.  Maybe next year anything over T4 is made a bonus? Idk if thats a practical solution.

-2 player races can work, just make sure the jumps arent too luck dependent,and the players dont wait for each other. Zike/Gato run on nbn was a good example of a race that worked very well, from a viewers perspective.

-If you do end up getting a larger timeslot next year, try to showcase more variety. Maybe have an engineer race, only seeing engi in one short clip of a jump movie was a bit disappointing.

-Despite the problems I still think it was a success; the community helped raise money for charity. Even if the viewers could tell things were going awry, I dont think they cared too much.
"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication." - Leonardo Da Vinci

protist ?

• Novice
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
- If you're planning to make a movie for the start of the stream again I think a movie only ~2-3 minutes or so to hype up the event might be better, then finish off with a longer movie. Having two full movies is a lot of content that eats into the timeframe.

Definitely agree with this. Show a 2-3 min ToTH cut of each movie and then post the full versions on TF2RJWeekly, easy way to hype up the channel!

getawhale

• View Profile
It seemed clear we weren't going to hit the donation incentive for the pipe jumping - and to my knowledge, if we didn't hit incentives, they just weren't going to happen. And it would have been disappointing to not see it, especially since you guys prepared the special ending for it.

I don't think we would have hit the incentive if we didn't go crazy with the donation reading. And the event is about donations at the end of the day. But with that said, I apologize if the donation reading fucked things up. I hope you can understand that we did our best to balance 1. Getting our incentives/raising money and 2. Having a fucking awesome jump event, which I feel we definitely did.

I got love for y'all and see good suggestions here, I'm sure we'll all flow again next year.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I agree, getting donations is the primary concern. The casters did a great job in getting momentum (i.e. chat memes) going which led to the rapid donation towards the end of the segment which made the incentive possible; glad my stupid map got seen by the world  ::) and it could in someway contribute to donations.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
I agree, getting donations is the primary concern. The casters did a great job in getting momentum (i.e. chat memes) going which led to the rapid donation towards the end of the segment which made the incentive possible; glad my stupid map got seen by the world  ::) and it could in someway contribute to donations.

pipe hype was a hit

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • View Profile
It seemed clear we weren't going to hit the donation incentive for the pipe jumping - and to my knowledge, if we didn't hit incentives, they just weren't going to happen. And it would have been disappointing to not see it, especially since you guys prepared the special ending for it.

I don't think we would have hit the incentive if we didn't go crazy with the donation reading. And the event is about donations at the end of the day. But with that said, I apologize if the donation reading fucked things up. I hope you can understand that we did our best to balance 1. Getting our incentives/raising money and 2. Having a fucking awesome jump event, which I feel we definitely did.

I got love for y'all and see good suggestions here, I'm sure we'll all flow again next year.

You guys did a great job, I think the viewers enjoyed it a lot.

rise

• View Profile
stop inspecting ur weapon rise holy shit

completely unintentional cuz i don't use viewmodels and i bound my mic button for discord to "f" but my ingame inspect key was also "f" so yeaaah, woops lmao

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile

completely unintentional cuz i don't use viewmodels and i bound my mic button for discord to "f" but my ingame inspect key was also "f" so yeaaah, woops lmao

classic rise

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Gimmick Goblin
    • View Profile

classic rise

claaaaaaasik

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile