Welcome B)

jump_trimp / Collab request

200 · 8 · 2756

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • bind space hud_reloadscheme
    • View Profile
    • CFG.TF
Well, some time ago I started making a trimp map. And I thought that it would be nice if gamers from all around the world would like to be involved. Its not that easy to make decent and fun to play trimp levels and I thought you guys might want to participate. Anyway, if I'm not getting any support here, I will release the map anyway.

Plans:
- 3 courses from easy to "hard"
- Freestyle area
- Featuring cool mechanics like caber speedshots and bounces
- Hosting a 24x7 trimp server

Done so far: 10 levels, an easy course

If you would like to submit a level:

Requirements:

- Dev textures only, make a clear difference between brushes you can hit with the caber and ones that you can't. I'm going to make each course have its own theme and texture everything by myself later.
- Uncaberable brushes should be func_illusionary + player clip around it. If you don't really want to mess with it - I'll make it myself later, just give me some ideas.
- There is no need to make simple levels like ones that are already made. No overly hard gimmicky shit tho (actually, might be cool for bonuses?)
- The entire level is covered with func_nogrenades

What will you get? Your name on your level and an endless respect  8)

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy

Lopez

• Intermediate
  • can't find his car keys
    • View Profile
I'd love to make some jumps, but I don't know how to trimp.

If I block out some jumps, could I send them to you to test and help with the spacing?
ultimate hammer mapping tutorial here

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • CFG.TF
I'd love to make some jumps, but I don't know how to trimp.

If I block out some jumps, could I send them to you to test and help with the spacing?

Sure thing, pm me whenever you have something.
Thats acutally pretty easy + there is a plenty of youtube tutorials.

reindeer-

• View Profile
HOLY SHIT THE DREAM IS REAL!!!
It'd be really cool if you could incorporate the loose cannon into the levels. Speaking from personal experience, it would raise the skill ceiling of the map a LOT more, with potentials for combos and syncs, etc.

Aside from the awesome map itself, I think a speedrun server dedicated to trimping is something that a lot of demoknight enthusiasts have been longing for. I'll be more than glad to help out with testing and whatnots. ;)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 11:34:52 PM by reindeer- »

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • CFG.TF
It'd be really cool if you could incorporate the loose cannon into the levels. Speaking from personal experience, it would raise the skill ceiling of the map a LOT more, with potentials for combos and syncs, etc.

To be honest, loose cannon makes it a lot easier, allowing to cheat almost any pure trimping level. It is fun for sure, but it requires 0 skill to successfully perform an airpogo. The main thing about trimping is to abuse that ridiculous strafing acceleration + any, even slightly sloping objects. And loose cannon kinda kills it. I was planning to keep most of the map covered in func_nogrenades, not really sure if it is possible to make good levels where you can't cheat them with loose cannon.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile

protist ?

• Novice
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
I actually started on a trimp map of my own a while ago. It's got ~10 nice trimps, I could send those if you want. Most of them do rely on the old claid charge length tho (used a tf_add_or_remove_player_attributes to give an extra second).