Welcome B)

cfg.tf

200 · 24 · 6063

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • bind space hud_reloadscheme
    • View Profile
    • CFG.TF
I think most decent gamers here use confings'n'stuff, so I thought I'd post it here as well.

As a lot of people tend to complain about how awful and outdated tf2mate is (not to give it's author a dig, I was using it myself for a while, untill I started to care about what I have in my cfg folder, its good but it generates too much stuff), I wrote a very simple basic TF2 config generator. It works kinda like tf2mate, but it can include heavy binaries like NoHatsMod, explosion smoke script, custom hitsounds, etc. In fact, there is a possibility to include any custom files that you usually have to carry over your PCs: HUDs and so on. All the settings are separated just in a few files (settings, binds, gfx, network, custom).
Nothing overly complicated, but it works.

CLICK

You can adjust literally anything and make your own "custom folder out of the box" in a few clicks.
Feel free to suggest any features, report bugs, and so on here or in this TFTV thread. Also in my GitHub repo.

For now there is an option to include Oatmeal's jump config. Anything else jump-related I should add there?

Please share it with your friends and spread around the world, thanks.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 11:06:21 PM by 200 »

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing, I'll take a look soon-ish :)

Edit: pls... a ctap script, really? >:(
The customization of the config looks great otherwise, can't wait to see how it looks like ingame
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:17:18 PM by Sir Plopy »

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • CFG.TF
Edit: pls... a ctap script, really? >:(

This isn't an actual ctap script, it does not produce perfect ctaps but works without wait. It is sorta like werid duckjump script that I have no idea how to use, but it turned out that a lot of competitive players use it and they asked me to include it. I also saw it in kaptain's cfg folder.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
most players don't want to learn how to ctap so scripts work for them better

plus you don't really need a perfect/rly good ctap for comp just decent ones

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +5/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Please add a warning about the binds.cfg and the Null-cancelling movement script that both mess up FUCK UP your custom binds (and that's even worse if you're not using a QWERTY keyboard...). Other than that the rest is very well-made.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:40:48 PM by Sir Plopy »

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
    • CFG.TF
Please add a warning about the binds.cfg and the Null-cancelling movement script that both mess up FUCK UP your custom binds (and that's even worse if you're not using a QWERTY keyboard...). Other than that the rest is very well-made.

Added a warning, thanks. Its pretty hard to detect keyboard layout through the client's browser, also I have no idea what binds other keyboard layout users use.

It obviously fucks up your previous setup, I've added a message about that too now.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
@plopy This is meant to be used as a whole new config. Not as an addition to your already existing one.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Oh I know. But I use a lot of custom key binds (jumping commands shortcuts mostly) and I have an AZERTY keyboard so the first time I tried the config, I was surprised to see that my binds were all messed up. Now I tweaked the config afterwards myself so it's all good, but I thought a warning would be cool :)