jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Walls

123marble

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hey,

Making a TF2 jump map, does anyone know how to make a wall which you can shoot from one side, and then stand on the other side of that wall and get propulsion from that rocket you shot on the other side of the wall. I can't think of any map examples right now, but I have seen it done.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Dr Gains

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
You need textures with the %compilepassbullets flag. The grate texture is the only one that I know of.

Lopez

• Intermediate
  • can't find his car keys
    • View Profile
Another option would be to have the wall you want to shoot at be a func_illusionary, and to put another brush overlapping it with the tools/toolsinvisible texture applied. You may need a third brush with the tools/toolsplayerclip texture to prevent players from passing through it. (Pretty sure this is what was done on the landing zone of jump_destination 10)

The upside to this is that you can have any texture that you want, but... I would imagine that most jumpers are accustomed to the use of the grate texture.
ultimate hammer mapping tutorial here

Dr Gains

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
The invisible texture I believe is solid to world, you could however use func_physbox_multiplayer, and follow pants guide like I mentioned on the block bullets post. This will also get rid of your func_illusionary step.

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
You can use the fence grate method on a func_brush iirc and then make it set to not render, then overlay with an illusionary to get whatever texture you like (e.g. a glass one). Alternatively follow the block bullet method and overlay it with a playerclip.

HOWEVER, when i did phase i made all the physbox_multiplayers textured with the grate texture so that explosions passed through. So it is probably more effort for not much that you cant do with a simple func_brush.