jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

jump_echelon

Umaroth-24

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hey all :)
Posting my jump map here on which i've been working for a while. Its a fairly easy pretty tough  T5 soldier jump map with 18 36 jumps total. Watch the thread on tf2maps for more info (and pictures)
The current version of this map is jump_echelon_rc1 as of 17-08-2021

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14de2krdxQH6Sfy1sI-SPw9X9AL6fzGCm/view?usp=sharing

and ofcourse, feedback is more than welcome :D
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 03:18:03 PM by Umaroth-24 »

Mac-

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Jump 8 - You hit your head and fail far too often if you go fast, raise the roof please.
Jump 12 - Feels a little awkward because the space between the walljump and the speedshot is pretty short. You need to intentionally jump slowly off the initial jump and then launch yourself down pretty hard off the wall which doesn't feel smooth or natural.
Jump 14 - The ramp needs extending or pushing forward 64/128 units, I don't have enough time to fire a rocket after doing the pogo half of the time if I don't intentionally do it slowly. Also I don't think it needs to be nearly 64 units higher than the skips, it just feels like a clunky unneeded obstacle.
Jump 15 - Nobody likes double speedshots c'mon dude :(
Jump 16 - The tele feels a little weird. It's currently 128 units from the wall and 64 to the edge. I would make it 64 units from the wall and 128 from the edge.
Jump 18 - The stage number is missing, and lower the sync platform by 128 units.
Also on all jumps, keep the teles on skip platforms at 1 unit high please.

Really nice map other than those things though, I look forward to your other projects if you're planning something.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 09:40:03 PM by Mac- »

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Pretty much agree with everything Mac said

Umaroth-24

• View Profile
Jump 8 - You hit your head and fail far too often if you go fast, raise the roof please.
Jump 12 - Feels a little awkward because the space between the walljump and the speedshot is pretty short. You need to intentionally jump slowly off the initial jump and then launch yourself down pretty hard off the wall which doesn't feel smooth or natural.
Jump 14 - The ramp needs extending or pushing forward 64/128 units, I don't have enough time to fire a rocket after doing the pogo half of the time if I don't intentionally do it slowly. Also I don't think it needs to be nearly 64 units higher than the skips, it just feels like a clunky unneeded obstacle.
Jump 15 - Nobody likes double speedshots c'mon dude :(
Jump 16 - The tele feels a little weird. It's currently 128 units from the wall and 64 to the edge. I would make it 64 units from the wall and 128 from the edge.
Jump 18 - The stage number is missing, and lower the sync platform by 128 units.
Also on all jumps, keep the teles on skip platforms at 1 unit high please.

Really nice map other than those things though, I look forward to your other projects if you're planning something.
Thanks for all the feedback Mac!
  • jump8: yea okay i see thats a problem, will fix it :)
  • jump12: tbh the jump was meant as a skipjump and then with two rampshots, but i get that a speedshot and 1 rampshot will be easier and that thats what people, trying the jump, will do. So i think i will try to space the jump better, like moving the wallshot more forward and the speedshot as well, but maybe i will add a teleport on the skip and move the end like 128 units forward. will have to think about that a bit more xD .
  • jump14:
    • distance: okay i will put it the ramp further away :)
    • height: to me that never felt like a problem, cus if you just aim more ahead on the skip, you should be fine. But i will change it, the only thing is that the end should be further away, so maybe ive to rebuild the connector.
  • jump15: im sorry xD Maybe as some good news, i will lower the end of the jump with 128 units, cus pulling of a double speedshot and still failing the jump was just shit.
  • jump16: will be fixed
  • jump18: yea ive had some hard times with getting the sync as well, so it will get changed (and the stage numbers will get fixed)
  • teletriggers: didn't do that yet cus it's shit to work with, but it will be fixed in the next version
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:43:41 PM by Umaroth-24 »

Adestix

• Novice
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Jump 11: The white trim on the end of the 2nd surf ramp sometimes stops you for some reason. (there's also a weird cut out of the ramp there too)
Ohh, Hi

Umaroth-24

• View Profile
Jump 11: The white trim on the end of the 2nd surf ramp sometimes stops you for some reason. (there's also a weird cut out of the ramp there too)
yea I don't know why my ramps keep bugging like that :( I kinda fixed it, it should be working fine now, but there is still a weird white line on it.
the v2 version is up as well

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile

Umaroth-24

• View Profile
How are you making your ramps?
Im making the whole ramp with the vertex or clipping tool and then i clip off the trims

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
That's weird you shouldn't be getting such ramp bugs if you make your straight ramps with just the clipping tool... have you tried remaking the ramp? Usually solves problems

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Func brush or displacements will also make them glitch out. But yeah sometimes you just have to delete a brush and remake because hammer is such a wonderful program.

Umaroth-24

• View Profile
Wings made a sick showcase for this version of the map! so go check that out  :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrclYpny_GI&t=42s
The showcase doesn't mean this is the final version of the map tho. The buggy ramp should be gone in next version and there will probably be some jumps for a new course ;) (and maybe some bonus jumps)

Umaroth-24

• View Profile
After two years I finally got that ramp fixed (and made a new course as well  ;)).
The new course is not really done yet, the last couple of jumps still need to get connected, but I am not really sure which order to put them in. So feedback on that (and feedback in general) is welcome :)
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/neqg4vcf7qbcdc7/jump_echelon_a10.bsp?dl=0
Some images: https://imgur.com/a/s6MPOc3

jump descriptions for the second course
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Syphilis

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I really like the looks. I think the hardest jump is the triple wallshot one and the last jump is easier than the few jumps before it, tho it's cooler so idk if you should move it.

Umaroth-24

• View Profile
It is time again for the biyearly echelon update! It should be very close to being the final version now. The jumps are all final, but I would still like some feedback about the connectors with speedrunning in mind. I am planning to work on it a bit this week, and then post the final version.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qAP0j1WFJ0z88Bwnx17Oup-N8JtcckmT/view?usp=sharing

Changelog for version a17:
  • Changed the wallpogo jumps to something else
  • Everything is connected now
  • Remade the end area for the second course and made shoutouts room
  • Some qol changes