jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Jumping at Awesome Games Done Quickly

Tank Drop

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Sup homies.
Title pretty much says it all, I think we should send an application at some point for agdq. I think we'd be good contenders for it. My idea is we have two standardised maps displaying most of the ins and outs of jumping one by one, one map for soldier and the other for demo. This way we have a control. Maps would be more lengthy than difficult, however would increasingly get harder as the showcase progresses. Idk that's my idea, Pants would probs be up for it. Kidder could probs go as he's American and I think it's America based, also Vexon to explain while he does soldier jumps. Also let's send seras coz he's A GoD. Pants could probs make a map coz he's a nerd who would be on board with this.

fishy

It's been discussed and submitted before, but declined. A few people have expressed interest in the idea, including someone who was at AGDQ as a donation reader. I think it could be done, but we'd need a lot more coordination than a speculative forum post.

Tank Drop

• View Profile
Fair fair, I mean. Probably wouldn't hurt if we try again. But this post is also to bounce ideas off eachother to increase chances so think of it as a think tank.

Mario

• View Profile
Something like baqu might be good for this due to its length and its creative jumps. I'd imagine a run of it would take about 20-30 minutes at worst, baring in mind people explaining jumps (maybe someone on the couch would take care of that mostly). Not sure if viewers would have a problem with the textures though.

fishy

We'd need a nicely detailed map, if we make it to a GDQ event we have to be well-dressed and on our best behavior, y'know. Not literally, it's a nerdcon, but the MAP we show should be. Or maps. Soldier and demoman. We could show them our ToTH segment as proof of concept, and how successful it is for the event. No idea how GDQ submissions go though, idk if there's any informal communication or if it's all a formal and organized, like, form. I know Lange does GFX work for GDQ, though I've been told he doesn't have much sway in the way of submissions.

But yeah no dev-maps. We'd need something custom.

Tank Drop

• View Profile
Perfect idea about using the toth segment, I think submissions aren't for a while yet- like december-jan of next year but that just gives us time to prepare. Quba is a good idea. The jumps would be fairly basic as we just want to display jump techniques one by one as there is a lack of a game to speedrun I think it would be good explanation and show of talent if someone showed all/most of jump techniques individually, I agree about having someone on the couch my idea being Vexon explaining. But yeah, agree on the aesthetics>difficulty.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
submissions for agdq usually start by like july/august. You do have to link a video of what ure submitting, so i'd guess if you want a new map it has to be finished before you submit.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
this has been discussed a lot of times and nothin ever seems to happen idk

i probably wouldnt get very involved because very busy irl these days, but i would do what i can and fully support the idea of jumping at gdq
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Zike

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
the most important thing for this to actually happen would be finding people who actually have the time and more importantly the money to go to a gdq

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
the most important thing for this to actually happen would be finding people who actually have the time and more importantly the money to go to a gdq

soooooooooooooo nobody lol
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌