JumpAssist Unofficial Updates

nolem · 65 · 31282

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
JumpAssist Unofficial Updates

Do not use this plugin anymore! It is no longer maintained, the version maintained by JoinedSenses should be used instead! https://github.com/JoinedSenses/TF2-ECJ-JumpAssist

So, this plugin has been more or less difficult to get your hands on, and a bunch of features with version 0.7.0  don't quite work properly, so I did my best to fix them up. I'm going to leave out the assumed items like save, tele, and reset from this post, but they are all in the plugin too.

The main things I fixed were:
  • Skeys - No longer has delay with crouch and jump keys
  • Restart - Restart deletes your save and resets you properly
  • Regen - Regen happens on +attack and player_hurt, not just player_hurt
  • JA Tele - Got the admin system for creating and using tele locations working
  • Databases - The plugin now works without a database configured (with limited features)
  • Minor Bugfixes

JA Tele
Most people don't know about this, and neither did I until I started looking through. With !addtele <location> you can add a teleport which can be accessed with the !jatele command (as admin). The command used to be !jtele but I changed it to make it compatible with my plugin  8) 8)

Databases
You no longer have to have a database set up to use the plugin, but if you want to use JA Tele or have save locations stay across map changes, then you need to set one up. This plugin only works with mysql databases(maybe? not sure anymore). Make a database "jumpassist", and configure it in /configs/databases.cfg so that it contains the following inside of the "Databases"{}:

"jumpassist"
    {
        "driver"                        "default"
        "host"                          "127.0.0.1"
        "database"                      "jumpassist"
        "user"                          "<sql_username>"
        "pass"                          "<sql_password>"
        //"port"                        "0"
    }

Use the username and password you configured where I left them out, and if you know what you are doing you can mess with host and ports but most people probably don't so don't mess with it.

Lesser known commands
!skeys_color <R> <G> <B> - Allows you to change the color of the skeys. RGB are each from 0-255.
!setmy - Saves user settings to a database if configured so that it is remembered for the future
!mapset - Admin command - Allows you to set basic map information

I also changed the !ja_help command to show pretty much all commands in chat.

Download: LINK
To install just extract the contents to the /tf/addons/sourcemod folder of your server.

Also I should mention that it requires SteamTools and will only autoupdate if you have Updater

NO LONGER UNDER ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT
- I'm not really working on this plugin at all anymore but it should still work as advertised. I'll accept pull requests and whatnot but I don't plan on making any significant contributions anytime in the near future.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 06:42:09 PM by nolem »

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile

Trippy

• View Profile
Excuse my ineptitude, but would it be possible to use server plugins, such as this, on servers I create (using map jump_mapname)? The servers I create are joinable by anyone, but the only people that stick around are friends. I'd like to offer them ways to save position and such to make training them easier. The server I create isn't online indefinitely, so I assume any player data that is stored when they are in the server will be reset every time I close the server.

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
Excuse my ineptitude, but would it be possible to use server plugins, such as this, on servers I create (using map jump_mapname)? The servers I create are joinable by anyone, but the only people that stick around are friends. I'd like to offer them ways to save position and such to make training them easier. The server I create isn't online indefinitely, so I assume any player data that is stored when they are in the server will be reset every time I close the server.

throw the most recent verison of sourcemod and metamod(folders) in your addons subfolder
EX: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\addons

plugins you want to be running when you create the server are placed in
EX: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\addons\sourcemod\plugins
(keep in mind they will only work if they are compiled into the .smx format)

besides that, when you want to host a server with said plugins.  Right click tf2 on steam and add to the launch options "-insecure".  The drawback is that you wont be able to join any public servers until you relaunch without it.

The plugins should work though at that point(also, some plugins don't work locally and have to be ran on a dedicated server)

Trippy

• View Profile
Thanks remaxed and melon, you're the best!
Edit: remaxed. I can't read
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 12:56:01 PM by Trippy »

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

throw the most recent verison of sourcemod and metamod(folders) in your addons subfolder
EX: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\addons

plugins you want to be running when you create the server are placed in
EX: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\addons\sourcemod\plugins
(keep in mind they will only work if they are compiled into the .smx format)

besides that, when you want to host a server with said plugins.  Right click tf2 on steam and add to the launch options "-insecure".  The drawback is that you wont be able to join any public servers until you relaunch without it.

The plugins should work though at that point(also, some plugins don't work locally and have to be ran on a dedicated server)

Wow I didn't even know this...

And no problem Trippy, let me know of any bugs or anything!

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
thank the ghost of qzc, he taught me  ;)

happy to help   8)

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Updated the plugin to v0.7.3 (Yes I know I skipped one, it was a secret). Since the last update I have moved skeys back to the original position, skeys now shows +attack and +attack2 on screen as well, and I moved around the code to hopefully fix any server problems that people may have been having. This plugin also has Updater support now, so if you have that plugin installed you won't have to worry about updating the plugin manually anymore (assuming I configured updater right).

In the near-ish future I am going to try adding a race feature, so if you have any ideas regarding that let me know.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x4uscuvj75svwig/jumpassist.rar

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Updated the plugin to v0.7.4

This update brings race functionality to JA. At the moment, you can only race on maps that have control points, and you can only start from spawn (I plan to add this, maybe not the cp only map thing though).

The commands are:
  • !race - Initializes the race and prompts for the control point to race to
  • !r_inv or !race_invite - Opens a menu that allows you to invite players
  • !r_start or !race_start - Starts the race
  • !r_leave or !race_leave - Leave a race in progress

For the future I also plan on adding an admin !server_race command that allows you to invite everyone in the server at once as well as a !block_race command that denies all request to race.

It is mostly working, but there are some problems that I know exist with it and I will be fixing them in the future.
The ones I know of are:
  • Race invite allows you to select yourself as well as people already in races. Inviting yourself should not have any effect, but I'm not sure what inviting someone in another race will do
  • You can toggle regen in the middle of a race
  • Using !race after you completed another race will not work immediately - you have use !r_leave first
  • May play the wrong sound
I also have no idea about compatibility with skillsrank because I don't have the plugin, but theoretically it should work with it. My main concerns are how it handles players being stupid during the race (ex. disconnecting in the middle of it).

It has been difficult to test with only a handful of people, so any bug reports or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x4uscuvj75svwig/jumpassist.rar
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 08:35:06 PM by talkingmelon »

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
amaazing work, i always wanted a group race plugin. thank you thank you!

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
amaazing work, i always wanted a group race plugin. thank you thank you!

No problem! Might want to hold off a bit though bc its a little buggier than I had thought. I've gotten most of the problems out and I'm working on adding the !server_race command.