Welcome B)

a wild democall appears

dellort · 37 · 8477

dellort

• Novice
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

I've recently had the urge to edit something again so I think it's time for another movie. Like I said in my Jump Fortress 2 democall, I will probably try something unusual with the editing so if you're looking for a guarantee of a good movie I'm not the right person to submit to.

Please submit your demos in the format name_map_tick_type (ie. dellort_badlands_6500_SourceTV), where the tick is the approximate time that the jump starts. If you're submitting multiple jumps put them in a .zip or .rar file. Any type of jump is fine including solo & co-op jumps. If you're doing the jump on a custom map that I probably don't have please include the map file in your submission too (or a link to download it).

Submissions must include a SourceTV demo file and POV file. If you've already submitted a jump to Beginnings 3 or any other movies/competitions don't send it to me.

You can e-mail your submissions to jordan.edwardsjunk@yahoo.ca or alternatively message me on steam.

The deadline for submissions is Friday, February 26.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:11:50 AM by dellort »

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
On a side note, I'm looking for someone skilled in TAS who would like to participate in the movie. Message me on steam for details on that: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dellort/

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
being bold with TAS in a trickjump vid. interested in seeing how well that pans out (especially the reaction from the community).

how long do you expect this movie to be? around the same as your other ones?

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
being bold with TAS in a trickjump vid. interested in seeing how well that pans out (especially the reaction from the community).

The only issue that should exist with TAS is when it's tried to be passed off as legitimate. I don't see any problems as I'll be making it obvious what in the movie is assisted and what is not.

It's always hard to determine length ahead of time since it completely depends on the quantity/quality of submissions. Aiming for 6-7 mins but in the past I've always underestimated the length.

JorgeLayja03

• Novice
    • View Profile

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Gimmick Goblin
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile

Triga

• Intermediate
  • Vexon stole two of my jumps!
    • View Profile
The creator of multiple critically acclaimed maps ....

░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░█▄ █░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒█ ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░ Representing London

Tx_

• Novice
    • View Profile
I can send you a 50 sec tas uncrouched airpogo if you want

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
I can send you a 50 sec tas uncrouched airpogo if you want

No thanks, I want the movie to be legitimate jumps besides one specific one.

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile

The only issue that should exist with TAS is when it's tried to be passed off as legitimate. I don't see any problems as I'll be making it obvious what in the movie is assisted and what is not.

It's always hard to determine length ahead of time since it completely depends on the quantity/quality of submissions. Aiming for 6-7 mins but in the past I've always underestimated the length.

I feel people have pretty much been doing segmented trick jumps with TAS since the beginning.  Had the tool not come around, I think many of these unconventional strategies would have been deemed as trick jumps.  So whether it's used or not in a trick video doesn't really matter as long as it's disclosed.

That being said, I really do think it's a shame.  TAS has become the front-runner for pushing the boundaries of jumping in tf2.  Skill and effort have taken the back seat.  Obviously, it's not impossible to do so via the latter.  For me, however, putting in the extensive hours to grind jumps that others could emulate in a fraction of the time seems like a waste.  Not everyone feels this way of course.  It's just a matter of how you look at it, that's all. So don't worry ok?

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
So don't worry ok?

..that sounds familiar from somewhere

I agree that TAS has the potential to take away interest from legitimate jumps/runs however it has existed in other speed running communities for a long time (Quake 3 defrag & Super Mario for example) yet there is still a lot of focus on un-assisted runs as well.  People who complain that TAS will ruin tf2 jump don't really make any sense, nobody is forcing it upon you to use it, the only issue is if anyone figures out a way to make a tool that outputs key presses in the same way as a regular run.

By the way there is a lot more "cheating" that has gone on behind the scenes of jump than most people probably realize. I used to receive a fair number of segmented and/or time scaled runs by people asking me to edit them to look legitimate. If anything TAS may help to reduce this in the future since there is now an accepted alternative for people doing runs like this.

This thread wasn't supposed to be a discussion about TAS though. I'm using a TA freestyle run for the credits of the movie, and will clearly state that it is assisted. For the rest of the movie I'd rather stick to legitimate jumps, perhaps sometime in the future a movie of fully-assisted jumps might be cool to make.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
We needed dellort to spread sense into people during the tas war

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
i like this uhh...dellort, was it? Yeah you, I like you