A really good introductory mapping series for beginners. Go from knowing basically nothing about mapping, to being able to make your own basic jump map in 4 videos.
Check out TopHATTwaffle’s great video mapping tutorials (over 100 of them…) on a TON of different topics. From learning and troubleshooting hammer, to creating particle systems.
TopHATTwaffle’s written mapping tutorials on a variety of subjects.
- The Big Amazing Guide to Lighting
- Finalizing Your Level Before Release
- Mapping Workflow, Keeping Your Sanity for the Extra Long Projects
- Creating Your Own Sound Scripts
- Detail Props on World Spawn
- Hammer Hot Key List
- 3D Sky Box Clouds
- Protecting a Map From Decompiling
- Level Design Process
- Packing Custom Content using VIDE in SteamPipe
- Taking Screenshots the Proper Way