• View Profile
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 03:44:30 PM by Larry »

plep

• Advanced
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • hi
    • View Profile
Oh that's VERY nice.

I'd like to see some comparison of this with bshear's plugin, if anyone can do that cause I'm an incompetent gamer ;D

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
I guess I have to scrap my rampbug map 6 months in the making  :-[

gibus

• Intermediate
  • MEDIC!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Question:

How do you distinguish between a player getting a rampbug and a player simply hitting a ramp at a low speed and 'failing' the ramp? (In other words, what is the concrete definition of a rampbug?)

Concern:

If this plugin is allowed in speedruns it will make runs done with this plugin and runs done without incomparable, as a runner will not lose any runs to rampbugs when using this plugin. Like plugins such as BounceTools or SyncR, it assists players during their runs and any runs done with such assist plugins cannot be compared to vanilla runs, at least in my eyes.
˄˅

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog
Holy shit, this is amazing. Thank you Larry, kaptain and nolem.

Larry

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
The plugin currently has some issues with players sometimes receiving extra speed from ramps or slanted skips. Would not recommend using for speedrun oriented servers.  :(

jayess

• Novice
    • View Profile
Did some hacking on this to figure out a fix for the speed boost in the last iteration of the plugin.

It turns out the core cause of slope bugs isn't all that dissimilar to what makes trigger bhops and bounces work, as others have mentioned on here: if you're 2 units above the ground, the engine will count you as actually being on the ground. This occurs for slope bugs when you have what's essentially the correct fall height to be counted as being on the ground on the same tick that your velocity is checked against the slope for sliding. What happens then is that your Z velocity is set to 0, and when setting the player's ground entity to null on the next tick and therefore making them slide, the new adjusted velocity no longer has the Z component projecting into the slope, and gives what's effectively extra speed on the X/Y axes.

The new version hooks CTFGameMovement::SetGroundEntity to prevent putting the player on the ground if they should have been fast enough to slide, which prevents the extra boost and is also more efficient because it allows us to reuse the traceray there.

Updated at https://github.com/laurirasanen/rampbugfix (note that it now requires gamedata and the DHooks extension).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 07:44:09 AM by jayess »

Starkie

• Novice
    • View Profile
if you wanna use it offline (and youre technologically inept like me), install sourcemod and merge THIS with your sourcemod folder

gotta have -insecure in launch options too

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
if you wanna use it offline (and youre technologically inept like me), install sourcemod and merge THIS with your sourcemod folder

Starkie will hack your tf2, don't download it, watch out

Larry

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile

Added releases to the repo for ez installs
https://github.com/laurirasanen/rampbugfix/releases