• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
tbh it looks like it will be a cooldown thing so the most likely outcome is maps similar to scout 'jump' maps.

On the other hand if it can be used with the detonator somehow then you could get some interesting stuff going.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile

VAVLIE

• Novice
    • View Profile
How interesting it will be depends on too many things we just don't know yet (but will know soon enough):

-Is it a default passive or a secondary? If its a default passive you can combine it with other mobility items (detonator), if it's a secondary it's more limited. IMO it's more likely to be a secondary.
-Technical details about the jetpack: How do you control yourself midair? (Shield like control or normal airstrafe?) How strong is the push force? What's the cooldown on it? Can you turn it on/off/on without landing?
-To a lesser extent, the update is supposed to be a class rework, and not just a new item. Will they change some of the stock pyro mobility stats? (movement speed, weight. Think of the spy speed buff from a year ago) Also what if they change some of the mobility stats on the already existing mobility items? I personally hope this doesn't happen as it would mess [again] with various ongoing mobility projects (maps and such).

Bonus thought: how will it interact with a quick-fix medic?

telephone fan

• DanWillDie
    • View Profile
maybe a plugin or whatever so it has infinite ammo?
DanWillDie

VAVLIE

• Novice
    • View Profile

If you can use it non-stop, it would pretty much turn out like my shenanigans with the detonator fire delay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9xNLfSs9wE. Except you'd most likely be able to see where you are going. Also depending on the push force, it would probably be a lot more forgiving than what I used. Your ideal jump map would then be really similar to T6 Airpogo maps. But probably with tele triggers on the walls, otherwise it gets boring. Or you could mess with the regen zone like 200 did with jump_sky, the soldier airpogo map.

But that's a lot of if. Let's just wait and see.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 12:21:01 PM by VAVLIE »

telephone fan

• DanWillDie
    • View Profile

If you can use it non-stop, it would pretty much turn out like my shenanigans with the detonator fire delay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9xNLfSs9wE. Except you'd most likely be able to see where you are going. Also depending on the push force, it would probably be a lot more forgiving than what I used. Your ideal jump map would then be really similar to T6 Airpogo maps. But probably with tele triggers on the walls, otherwise it gets boring.

if it cools down instantly when you touch a resupply cabinet, maybe you can make no-regen parts too and not have to use a plugin?
DanWillDie

Syro

According to the third update reveal page, the jetpack can fire in "short bursts."

Discuss.

:^) I have never put this little effort into a post.

telephone fan

• DanWillDie
    • View Profile
so can we launch ourselfs with the fireball?
DanWillDie

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

fishy

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile