Jungle Inferno Balance Changes

John · 23 · 2969

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
thank god they didn't gut ambassador the way they wanted to before

also mantread changes are confirmed i hear? imo should be replayed??

http://www.teamfortress.com/jungleinferno/notes.php

fishy

the manntread changes are not what they sound like, it is a new attribute

the new strafing will work somewhat akin to OW/Skyrim "airstrafing"

that being, controlling yourself in the air via WASD

pants

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
yeh that attribute has been around in the itemsfile for a while now. I played around with insane values and it seems purely for WASD in the air movement, no impact on airstrafing directly. Still good to ban it anyway.

Scorch

• View Profile

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
Ambi still got gutted imo, it does around 54 damage on a crit at 800ish units. Nice they didn't remove the skill element from it though. I think the new flamer is a bit goofy. If you have been hitting gamers it shoots unreasonably fast, and does a fat amount of damage per shot. I had pretty good success just sneaking up on groups of 2 or 3 and wiping the floor with them. Probably deserves a nerf. Also, although it does crit damage, I don't think it actually crits, so you can potentially mini-crit buff or krit boost it and do big damage. I forgot to test this because I was busy trying to get the heavy banana and lagging out.

Syphilis

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
The mantreads airstrafing is happening with any secondary atm.

qzc

• Novice
    • View Profile
Getting airblasted gimps your airstrafing now. So if you get airblasted while on a surf ramp, you don't have enough airaccel to stay on the ramp anymore, and you have to touch the ground to reset it.

Larry

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
I think the new flamer is a bit goofy. If you have been hitting gamers it shoots unreasonably fast, and does a fat amount of damage per shot. I had pretty good success just sneaking up on groups of 2 or 3 and wiping the floor with them. Probably deserves a nerf.

I agree with this, but then again you have to hit every shot for it to shoot fast and do more damage. I guess time will tell, but I know exactly what you mean. If you hit every shot, you can take out like a gazillion people in 5 seconds

The thing that bugs me more than anything else at this moment is the degreaser/backburner/flamethrower. Now that the hit reg is good, it feels like the flamethrowers do too much damage. If you know how to aim the flame, you can kill anyone with ease in like 2 seconds. I feel like they made W + M1 pyros even more annoying now that the flames actually hit you. They should lower the damage output of the flames tbh
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 12:09:56 PM by Vexon »
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

fishy

absolutely agree with that, and make afterburn a more interesting/rewarding mechanic as a result because afterburn currently is even more dumb and worthless than it was before

?oss

If you hit every shot, you can take out like a gazillion people in 5 seconds
If you hit every shot, sniper is op

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog
If you hit every shot, you can take out like a gazillion people in 5 seconds
If you hit every shot, sniper is op
If you hit every shot,

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
even if you don't hit every shot, sniper is still a bit op...

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
well you have to hit everyone in the HEAD tho.
plus if you miss 1 shot with the dragon fury it resets it back to slow and low damage or whatever. I dont think its THAT overpowered because its pretty situational, and you cant even airblast every rocket thrown at you since the cooldown is longer. IMO the dragons fury is pretty balanced. all the other flame throwers are OP as fuck tho
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌