Welcome B)

this rank 50 or below server

Vexon · 29 · 5175

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
is fucking gay (i hope you liked that joined senses)

jumping is a small community already, lets just split the community more by limiting who can join a server lol

debate lets go
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

newjuls

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
theres still like 5 eu servers that anyone can join stop WHINING

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different servers.

As for ranks, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player point earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on jump.tf, reddit and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile

Zike

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile

Mac-

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I'd be more inclined to agree with the whole sense of accomplishment thing if the way to get points was to get good times instead of getting completions on awful maps.

Syphilis

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Oh, i was always wondering if there is a standard for a map to be on tempus or if you guys just put in any map that the map maker says is complete.

Scorch

• View Profile
I'm overall sub rank 50 but not sub rank 50 soldier or demo and can't join, pls fix I want to be an elitist asshole too

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
Oh, i was always wondering if there is a standard for a map to be on tempus or if you guys just put in any map that the map maker says is complete.

There are standards, its just soldier wallpogo on demoman maps is a thing. With the original it is very easy and requires an entirely minimal grind compared to other types of maps in the game. One could probably get baron with comparatively minimal effort with it...

I'm not a fan of rank restricted, partly because I can't join and hang out. Rank 50 eu jumpers are probably gonna end up there as the main server now though, because it's there. On one end, if they want to be there, it's their choice, and not really something I can say they can't do; but I will make an argument that this does split the top of the community in the eu with everyone else. It was kinda dope as a somewhat newer jumper being able to talk to or at least ask for advice from people that had been playing quite a while, and I imagine this would probably take away from that somewhat. The advantages of a rank restricted server seem to be that it keeps noobers off of hard maps that they would probably not enjoy, and stop them from changing the map in the first place. Making a rank 50 only server, and to a lesser extent rank 100, is only really there to make a nice circlejerk server, for lack of an entirely better way of putting it. If that's what top eu gamers want though, that's disappointing, but but fine, but I do think this would split the community too much.   

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog
The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for unlocking different servers.

As for ranks, we selected initial values based upon data from the Open Beta and other adjustments made to rewards before launch. Among other things, we're looking at average per-player point earn rates on a daily basis, and we'll be making constant adjustments to ensure that players have challenges that are compelling, rewarding, and of course attainable via gameplay.

We appreciate the candid feedback, and the passion the community has put forth around the current topics here on jump.tf, reddit and across numerous social media outlets.

Our team will continue to make changes and monitor community feedback and update everyone as soon and as often as we can.

fishy

top 50 is too high its already a circle jerk up there without the rank restriction

porkie

• Novice
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • play momentum mod instead
    • View Profile
As an EU player under rank 50, this server is nice for me and Boshy and a few other people. HOWEVER, I totally agree that it needs to be changed to rank 50 VOTING, not rank 50 JOINING.

People who want to try the map or spectate someone running can't get on the server right now, and that's just dumb. If you want to keep the rank 50 privilege idea then limit it to voting.

If the server becomes so full that a rank 50 player can't join, then just have the server kick the lowest ranked player in the server in favour of them (preferably kick people in spectate).
:^)

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Idk if it's intentional or not, but atm if you don't have the rank to join, if you try joining you join as an unranked. So you don't have voting power, you can spectate and you can still play the map if you want i guess but it doesn't affect your points