jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

this rank 50 or below server

Vexon · 29 · 5155

kaptain

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
The idea behind getting new servers was mostly the fact the EU adv servers go through about 2 maps a day. If BAQu is on a server on the weekend it'll be on for the entire day, since there'll always be people in long runs. German servers also give questionable routing for some people (mostly UK as far as I know) so getting french servers instead is also nice for people with routing issues. There's 2 servers open for everyone, 2 with more limited access: the reasoning for the latter two is that both the fact that it'll be limited to more experienced people (and thus no people taking 3 hours to do a T4 map) and just the fact that it's less people in general means people who actually want to run something can do it much more easily.

With the 2 new french servers there are still 5 EU servers open for everyone, more than any other region (I don't count NA west because almost all people who jump on east/NY get bad ping to that, might aswell include russia to EU then). I honestly don't see the problem for people who just want to play, it's 2 extra servers for everyone. Are people not happy with the maps on it (rookie and all maps) or does everyone simply demand access to every server? For people that care more about spectating;
@Vexon/generic/others making this point I agree that the exclusion / splitting is not a good thing. The idea is that it'll be changed such that people can still join to spectate / chat or whatever, but not play/vote (being able to play without voting would still put it in the same situation as before, if someone is on a long run but can't vote he'll ask for extend / people will extend for him, because no one (including me) wants to vote off people who invested several hours into a run already).
@Mac I agree that limiting to a certain rank is far from perfect, but I honestly don't know what a more fair / objective way would be. It could also be locked to a random number of tt points, a map/course WR or whatever but it's all a bit arbitrary. I'm open for discussion for what a better limit would be.

I'm not the only one in charge of these servers so what I'm writing is mostly my opinion but yeah, some clarity I suppose?

I'm overall sub rank 50 but not sub rank 50 soldier or demo and can't join, pls fix I want to be an elitist asshole too
If this is the only thing you have to contribute please just don't bother posting at all.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:14:17 PM by kaptain »

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
Letting everyone at a minimum spectate and talk would fix my concerns with rank restricted servers really, and I appreciate you for working on that.

Also, I can't really comment on the server situation currently in EU, but your justification for not wanting higher ranked gamers from playing makes a lot of sense.

I think a good basic restricted server setup would be as follows imo. If you don't meet the rank requirement, you can either spec, talk, or maybe even play without timer (would be nice to be able participate in shenanigans or jump casually, but could see where it could have problems, and it obviously isn't essential). You also can't vote. If the server is full anyone not meeting the requirements would be kicked to make room for those that do.

Btw, how much do you view joinlag as an issue? I could empathize with someone wanting to limit joins, especially for a  server like the rank 50 one.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
The idea is that it'll be changed such that people can still join to spectate / chat or whatever, but not play/vote
This seems fair and good by me

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
The idea is that it'll be changed such that people can still join to spectate / chat or whatever, but not play/vote
This seems fair and good by me
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
finally it's time for me to relive my glory days as a top 10 spectator

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
finally it's time for me to relive my glory days as a top 10 spectator

why even try when gorge gets 1 free though?

jayess

• Novice
    • View Profile
We've changed it so that anyone can now join, with rank-restricted players being unable to start runs and set times.

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog
We've changed it so that anyone can now join, with rank-restricted players being unable to start runs and set times.

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good shit go౦ԁ sHit👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌shit right👌👌there👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good shit

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile

telephone fan

• DanWillDie
    • View Profile
why dont people just play offline at that point
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 09:05:21 PM by robert.gonzales2006 »
DanWillDie

generic

• Novice
  • eh?
    • View Profile
there are usually a good amount of people jumping at that server at peak hours

Scorch

• View Profile
The eu servers were almost never full even at peak times, now there are rarely more than 5 or 6 people at a time on any of the 8 (!!) eu region servers. Why would a random person join a server with only 2 other people on?

Also the french ones are really laggy from austria (or maybe in general)