jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

jump_bear

HOI · 29 · 3657

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
if the playerclip dont stick out it doesnt affect jumping at all, and i thought they completly removed texture wallbug, but even if they dont it probably makes them harder to get.

I didnt know that wallfox 4 had playerclip, thats interesting

Syphilis

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
50 spacing is too easy, it's easily doable even without any wallshots after the ramp
The last stages mostly consist of some pretty special jumps and last is just a quint :( I think you should move the quint before the triple bounce or earlier.

HOI

• View Profile
Version B4 released https://tf2maps.net/downloads/jump_bear.5570/ https://gamebanana.com/maps/198074
Made 50 harder by making all the walls at the end eat rockets
Moved jump 58 to jump 60, jump 60 to jump 59 and jump 59 to jump 58
Added bonus 3 (still missing bonus 2, which will likely be a strafe)

Besides bonus 2 I'm unaware of any other changes / additions I need to make.

donuttt

• Intermediate
  • hehe
    • View Profile
what the hell

you are a machine my dude

HOI

• View Profile
Can't add B2 and finish the map for nearly 3 weeks cos I'm away & on a different PC, and I forgot to bring my textures w/ me.
Also this PC sucks so i can't test the difficulty of jumps either.

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
you could decompile or just extract the materials from a packed bsp

Person

• View Profile
Nice map. I enjoyed the textures and jumps. I added it to ecj and some things I noticed:

-people are initially confused about where to go on jump 19. Could use some clarity that they need to go down

-on jump 34, you can avoid using the wall after the skips by going straight down after the second skip

-(minor note) some people are having trouble realizing you need to shoot the green area in the middle of the strafe on jump 39

-jump 48 and 60 (triple bounce) could use a bit of clarity on the type of bounce regarding crouched/uncrouched

HOI

• View Profile
I really appreciate the feedback.
I agree that 19 and 39 can be a little confusing, I'll add labels or something.
34 not needing usage of the wall is intended as I explained previously, the wall is just there for convenience.
Both bounces work with a walking or jumping start but yeah I suppose I should specify crouched.

I expect to implement these changes and add the remaining bonus within a week, as I will be getting back in a few days.

Person

• View Profile
Love your response time HOI  (:

One more thing to mention, I'm running the b3 version on the server. I tried running the b4 version, although all the textures were missing. I initially had this problem offline and thought it was only me since nobody else reported the problem. After reinstalling it a few times it's finally working. I tried to put the b4 version on the server, but the missing texture problem happened with everyone on there. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this at the moment. Any ideas?

HOI

• View Profile
I use Compile Pal to compile and repack my maps and I've had experience with it randomly not packing any textures on a few occasions. I think that's what has happened and it's not apparent when I test the maps unless I delete or move the textures from my tf folder. This should be fixed in the next version.
Thx for pointing that out c:

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile

Person

• View Profile
uh-oh
https://i.imgur.com/yEKyGqf.jpg
That's the problem we were discussing. He said it should be fixed in the next version. You can play on the b3 version with no problems for now though

HOI

• View Profile
Version RC1 released https://tf2maps.net/downloads/jump_bear.5570/ https://gamebanana.com/maps/198074
Added bonus 2 (now all jumps are present)
Made bonus 1 harder (now a pogo maze instead of just a maze)
Made bonus 3 128 units harder
Added labels to 19 and 39
Specified 'crouched' on crouched bounce jumps
Made speedshot text much larger
Made the exit of the tunnel from the end of course 3 to the bonus room more sneaky
Moved some previously slightly floating text to the ground

The end of B2 is deliberately quite long so that the end zone can be close to the point, making any speedrunning of it more competitive and less about falling fastest at the beginning.