jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Beginnings 5 Live Race

nick · 35 · 12043

nick

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile
I'm very proud to present to you gamers...

jump_elite created by False_

This race will take place on June 23rd, 3PM EST

This map will be getting its own thread so that I can further explain how this race will be operating, as well as answer any live race specific questions you might have.

HOW THIS RACE WILL WORK
We will be holding a live race streamed on https://www.twitch.tv/essentialstf

Sixteen racers for each class will be selected to participate, the race will operate tourney style with one winner.
Course one will feature four races between four jumpers, with the top two jumpers from each race progessing to the next course.
Course two will feature four races between two jumpers, with the winning jumpers progressing to the next course.
Course three will feature two races between two jumpers, with the winning jumpers progressing to the final course.
Course four will be the final race, featuring two jumpers.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE
To qualify for this race you must send in four different runs, one of your best time on each course of the map. You must send in both POV and STV demos which means you will need to send in eight demos in total (sixteen if you plan to compete in both the soldier and the demo race). Please include all of your demos in one email.
NOTE: Tempus runs will be accepted, however I advise you record POV runs on tempus so that you don't have to ask people to upload the STV demos.
We will only be selecting the top sixteen jumpers for each respective race, so make sure you try your hardest on your submissions.

Racers will need to take several additional steps that will be elaborated once their participation is confirmed.

-HOW TO SUBMIT RUNS
Send all of your demos to tf2rjdropbox@gmail.com with the subject BG5 Live Race Qualifier
RUNS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY JUNE 15TH

Please include your name and your steamid64 in your email

-HOW TO NAME YOUR DEMOS

bg5_lr_name_class_course_time_tick_type

example: bg5_lr_nick_demo_c1_1-06-1_12000_stv

Remember, you will be sending in four different runs for a total of eight (or sixteen if you plan to race as both demo and soldier) demos. Include all demos in one email.

PLEASE DON'T COME TO ME WITH SCHEDULE COMPLAINTS UNLESS YOU QUALIFY FOR THIS RACE

IF YOU PLAN TO PARTAKE IN THIS RACE JOIN THIS DISCORD - https://discord.gg/Rz5h3Ne

Feel free to ask questions in the discord server provided or in this thread.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:53:10 PM by fishy »

League

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile

nick

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

Dr Gains

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Not that I'll be participating in the race, but isn't there a suppose to be a 3rd place medal? O.o

mouse

• Frags: +0/-1
    • View Profile
stage 3 fucks up rocket particles on dx8
stage 4 cant triple first jump cause teleports me to the start
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 04:33:41 PM by mouse »

nick

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Not that I'll be participating in the race, but isn't there a suppose to be a 3rd place medal? O.o

2 out of the 11 individual parts of beginnings 5 not having a third place medal does not matter

Mario

• View Profile
Wow the map looks amazing visually, good job False. Will try it out later.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Really big and ambitious project, well done boys. I can't wait to see that happening.

False_

• Administrator
  • Intermediate
    • View Profile
The current version (_f1) has a few issues that affect gameplay, will post an update soon with those issues fixed!

mouse

• Frags: +0/-1
    • View Profile
how do i do the big bounce on s4 to get the wall pogo ?
i can only get a small uncrouched one

False_

• Administrator
  • Intermediate
    • View Profile
how do i do the big bounce on s4 to get the wall pogo ?
i can only get a small uncrouched one

Forgot to include a hint, but it's a walk-off powerbounce.

CHRIS :)

• View Profile
What servers are these races going to be played on? Isn't ping difference a huge problem in this race?

nick

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
What servers are these races going to be played on? Isn't ping difference a huge problem in this race?
the races will *probably* take place on jump academy servers using cross server relay to get rid of the ping difference

vice

• Intermediate
  • im shit at jumping
    • View Profile
"You must send in both POV and STV demos which means you will need to send in eight demos in total (sixteen if you plan to compete in both the soldier and the demo race)."

Does this mean there will be a different time for soldier and demo respectively? Two parts to the live race?