jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Bounce analyser

ILDPRUT · 20 · 11863

ILDPRUT

• Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
I have made a new plugin for checking bounces. It supports the standard bounces methods (including jumpbugs), as well as rocket launcher setups. It also lets you check ground that is sloped, where it will then display bounces along the line where you aimed when you checked or you can select a wall that you can hug so you don't have to worry about landing on the line.

You can open the menu by typing /bcheck or /bounce in the chat. Then you can press 1 to select new ground or press 2 to select the floor you want to start on, a ceiling, or a wall. The menu will try to display the most simple bounces tailored around the rocket launcher you are using, but you can at any time expand the displayed list for uncrouched bounces, crouched bounces, and jumpbugs.

The source code and the compiled plugin can be downloaded from GitHub (requires SM 1.10+).

To make live bounce checking enabled by default open cfg/sourcemod/abounce.cfg (auto-generated on first use) and set sm_abounce_live to 1.

Here is a preview video:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 06:00:47 AM by ILDPRUT »

Larry

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +5/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄                     
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█                 
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█                 
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█                 
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█                 
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Scotch, ░░░░█
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░░░█ 
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Please!░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█   
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀ 

porkie

• Intermediate
  • play momentum mod instead
    • View Profile

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile

Zike

• Proficient
    • View Profile

DenDro

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
can i ask is this better compared to nolem's "Bounce tools" plugin? if so can you name a few examples? thanks!

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Gimmick Goblin
    • View Profile

ILDPRUT

• View Profile
can i ask is this better compared to nolem's "Bounce tools" plugin? if so can you name a few examples? thanks!

Cow Mangler, jumpbug and sloped surface support. I don't know if nolem's plugin can detect trigger height, so that might also be a thing. I have also written it by implementing game mechanics and its constants, instead of using a bunch of tested values to produce the results, if you want to count that as "better".

vice

• Intermediate
  • im shit at jumping
    • View Profile
can this detect if u can bhop that surface in air? like one of nolem's plugins i think i forgot which one. it would be really useful if u are making a tas and want to random bhop

ILDPRUT

• View Profile
can this detect if u can bhop that surface in air? like one of nolem's plugins i think i forgot which one. it would be really useful if u are making a tas and want to random bhop

It should be easy enough to implement I think, I just wanted options that only relied on the map and not the player's current position or velocity. Guess I could make a convar if I'm going to implement that? I haven't tried TAS, so does a menu stay up after you rewind? Because if so you could select the bounce ground before and then I could recheck the bounce whenever you take damage or if your vertical velocity changes more than a single tick of gravity to detect edgebugs and similar.

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
This is nuts - nice work!

As for bounce tools, iirc it was just a command that would tell you if what you're pointing at or what was underneath you was bounceable. I'm sure you'll figure out a nicer way to do it anyway :) Worked well with TAS because when you rewind you would still have the same height/zvel that got you the bounce in the first place.

ILDPRUT

• View Profile
Live checking has been added as a seperate plugin.