jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Extreme Difficulty Level Ideas (Demoman)

shock · 8 · 1817

shock

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Not in any order:

1. _heck Bonus 2 but all airpogo - rollers or nogrenade for every surface.

2. Vertical spiral of airpogo where you start in the centre and at each vertical (up or down) section you have to twirl around 180?, with horizontal in between.

3. A swinging pendulum of a clock, in which you must airpogo and not leave the pendulum (a cube for simplicity). It goes up to max displacement and zero velocity, swings down with max velocity and along and up to the other side. You have to stay in the pendulum cube for 30 seconds (maybe 5 oscillations or so), making sure to slow down and 180? at max height. The time-based pendulum bounds are coloured so you know where to stay within.

4. The staircase tower level on _shiver, but you have to airpogo it.

5. Tunnel airpogo like _mad Bonus 1, but a map with each level a tunnel, and tunnels can be longer than _mad B1 and/or bend slowly in 3d (up, down, left or right). Some levels could have a tunnel-to-tunnel transfer where you exit a tunnel, then airpogo, enter the next tunnel, and resume tunnel airpogo.

6. Easy airpogo maps, but upside down and antigrav.

7. _over Last Jump, but you have to take 30 seconds or *longer*. Exactly the same jump, but you have to airpogo in circles for 30 seconds before you land at the end.

8. _pdidey but all uncrouched airpogo.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 04:22:08 AM by shock »

gibus

• Intermediate
  • MEDIC!
    • View Profile
    • Steam

neon

• juu
    • View Profile

Taatuu

• View Profile
airpogo but there's invisible walls with 70x60 hu holes you have to go through

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Just parent a v_phys to each player and have its settings randomly swap every time a sticky is fired.

shock

• View Profile
Gimmick ideas:

Add wind to maps like 750 units per second North-West, which affects your stickies and maybe the player itself.

Make rockets into projectiles, so they gradually fall down.

This is probably my best idea still:

5. Tunnel airpogo like _mad Bonus 1, but a map with each level a tunnel, and tunnels can be longer than _mad B1 and/or bend slowly in 3d (up, down, left or right). Some levels could have a tunnel-to-tunnel transfer where you exit a tunnel, then airpogo, enter the next tunnel, and resume tunnel airpogo.

And
2. Vertical spiral of airpogo where you start in the centre and at each vertical (up or down) section you have to twirl around 180?, with horizontal in between.

That was sort of made already but it's not a spiral, it's just a single 360deg vertical circle - one of the bonuses on _revenant I believe.

Dr Gains

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Rockets with gravity is something I've been wanting to make too, unsure if I'd just "push" rockets down or do something more proper.

I do have an idea for some funky demo tech too, but I'll leave that a secret.

shock

• View Profile
I have 2 more ideas.

jump_the_b7 Bonus 8, but in two different ways, for Demoman. This is the bonus with the "S" bend and yellow translucent walls.

1. You have to strafe half way round, then charged ceiling sticky to get the momentum to get to the end. (Allow ceiling stickies.)

2. You have to strafe half way round, and use the START platform's sticky conductance to double-catch, then recover and double to end. This is probably already possible, but should be enforced in a variation.

Admittedly I don't actually know how you do Bonus 8 at the moment, but I just had these ideas that I think are quite good.