Welcome B)

Closing Old Threads

Vexon · 12 · 2812

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I feel like every new member comes in and revives a shit ton of old threads just to get a high post count so they don't feel like they look so new on the site or something. If it isn't that, I dunno what it is but I do know it gets annoying real quick.

Can we make threads automatically close after 1 month of being dead or something? I feel like it'd help a ton given how much revival trolling we've been getting from certain people. Just normal threads though, not sticky threads...and if there are threads that aren't stickied but they're important, make them sticky or something idk. Just a suggestion because it's painful coming to check the forums and seeing multiple threads that have been dead for over a year suddenly revived.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Splash4Damage

• Novice
    • View Profile
as a new member myself i advocade this proposition. all the shitposting had been done in full autismo-mode and it`s not even entertaining to read, what happened to good old memes???

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Well when you reply to a thread that hasn't been touched in 120 days it says:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

You would think that would be enough but apparently not. Maybe just make the notice even bigger or more annoying. But yeah I do agree that if a thread is ded it should stay that way. Maybe just restrict new thread posts after some time to the guy who started it and mods/admins.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
necroposting is an issue of boards in general, though sometimes useful if the post revolutionizes the topic
i wouldn't want to restrict users from posting on things at all, but if things keep getting shit i'll consider adding an auto lock

and honestly this forum shouldn't even need fucking mods in the first place we have like 20 active users and for some reason the amount of shitposting that goes on this forum is higher than those with 1000??? please stop making my life so shit and fuck you aurora
i'm just going to start banning people
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:47:01 PM by John »

Kendrick.

• Proficient
    • View Profile
closing old threads except every thread on map & server section
Boom Boom

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Please do this. It would help alot.
Or you could just not revive dead threads.

Trust me the sooner you stop being a shitposter the better.
Speaking from experience here.

I don't think anyone should care about an old thread. Like it tells you with the "120 days" warning, you should just start a new topic. However, I fear that there will just be a bunch of shit topics piling up. See "QOTD" in the off-topic section. Anyway, like John said, there are only like 20 people you actually use this forum actively, and there's still a ton of shit posting.

Anyway, you seem cool Dan, just don't make everyone hate you.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 10:05:55 AM by tyjle »

Someone

• View Profile
Anyway, you seem cool Dan, just don't make everyone hate you.

Yeah, don't be tyjle

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile

Trude

• Who invited this guy?
    • View Profile
I don't think anyone enjoys being reminded just how much of a shit they were 120 days ago.

ehhx

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
or maybe we could just post responsibly???

Do you know what community this is?
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌