jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Advice for improving

Man In A Mask

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I know there have been a few of these threads lately that I have read through, however I going to ask for help in a slightly different manner.
Id say I'm on jumping about an hour a day  to try to improve but lately seem to have hit a rut and not improving. I can complete all of the easy maps with no problem, and some medium, but then I come to jumps where I can only complete maybe the first 5 jumps and get stuck.

Should I be playing the easier maps more to improve my times and touch up on all the fundamentals? Should I play the harder maps I can spend 20-30+ minutes on a single jump without getting anywhere? Or should I even just play offline more, so that when I get excessively stuck on a map I can always cheat and noclip to the next jump so that I don't get too bored and frustrated? Or should I even just disregard trying to complete maps and just work on jumps that I need, for example bounces, wall pogos, double (or more) syncs ect?

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
What I always did was, try the jump for a while, then skip it if I couldn't do it and try the next jumps or maybe even another map. And when the map comes up again, just start at the beginning again and also try the jump you got stuck at for a while again. After a while you will see progress and you will notice you are completing jumps you couldn't do before.

So ye, just jump and switch jumps/maps to not get bored.

buhnanuh

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Jump difficulty doesn't always increase linearly, for example sexydev last is one of the easiest jumps in the map in my opinion.  Feel free to play the map offline and just noclip past the one jump troubling you, but don't use it as a crutch.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Keep starting from the beginning I'd say. Using !s is useful but the more jumps you practice the better, and grinding one jump all day isnt a good way to get better.
Jumping is literally just getting a feel for it. That's it. Wallpogo is that way, syncs are that way, etc.. Need to get comfortable with it so you can relax and not be tense. IDK where I'm going with this. Pineapples.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
ruin your life by playing a game for 8k hours practice a lot.

I can confirm that this works well.

Man In A Mask

• View Profile
Thanks for the advice, Ill grab an offline regen script and do that more often. I'm thinking I will also start trying the advanced servers for some more variety because I know there are some maps I can do or almost do like quba and jurf.

Jumping is literally just getting a feel for it. That's it. Wallpogo is that way, syncs are that way, etc.. Need to get comfortable with it so you can relax and not be tense. IDK where I'm going with this. Pineapples.

I definitely agree, if i'm having a bad day jumping I do tend to tense up and fail because of it. But then on a good day I feel relaxed and can do things like wall pogos a lot easier.

ruin your life by playing a game for 8k hours practice a lot.

I try to get jumping for an hour every day,  still havent got to a point where I jump more than playing real games. But Ill keep practicing more!

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
I try to get jumping for an hour every day,  still havent got to a point where I jump more than playing real games. But Ill keep practicing more!

MGE 4 hours a day tbh
(inside joke i doubt any of you will get lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao)

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile

MGE 4 hours a day tbh
(inside joke i doubt any of you will get lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao)

Is that how you got good enough to get that sick 4k?

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Is that how you got good enough to get that sick 4k?
It wasn't "sick", it was an impressive 4k cmon