jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

bball.tf tournaments!

? Damon Albarn

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Just in case you missed it on teamfortress.tv, I'm posting here too. I'll even spell 'tournaments' correctly for you :P

Hello all! We're now on track again to start up bball.tf. Until that date, we decided to put on bball tournaments every other week for all skill levels. The plan is to have at least 3 divisions for each of the tournaments. We have one person streaming the games so far, but are looking for more. We are working to get a common overlay for you to use if you wish. We have huge plans for bball.tf and really hope we can culture a deeper appreciation for the game mode and enjoy some tournaments!

First tournament date: Aug 2 starting at 7pm central time

Where: bball.tf mumble 69.65.40.33:2087

Prizes: 1 key per person on winning team for each division

Link to sign up below
http://www.bball.tf/aug-2-tournament-signups.html

As for some bball.tf news in general. We ready to go full steam ahead on the site. As of now, we have Pierre leading the website development with a team of others who plan on helping. We're hoping to get most of the website done by the time of TotH and hosting the bball section (fingers crossed). In the meantime, I have set up a makeshift placeholder website to use until we have the full website completed. As for the ideas at this stage, we're planning on

Full season of 3 months with weekly games to be completed by Sunday of each week with a playoff bracket following
Some form of lobby style pickup games
Configured servers provided for both
Tutorials
Integrated stats and ranking system
List of streamers/integrated twitch

These are just the starting ideas, I have a short survey set up for the website to gauge interest and decide what to focus on. One question I have for the community. I would like to find some way to stream a server automatically through stv. I'm not sure if this is even possible but I'm hoping someone knows. Thanks!