buttperson

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Its when you speedshot and edgebug at the same time, which is freakin hard to do. Basically you get as much speed as you would with a speedshot but with the angle of an edgebug.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
I wouldn't consider it as a speedshot. If you can edgebug at a decent speed all you do is add a rocket

scofield

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I wouldn't consider it as a speedshot. If you can edgebug at a decent speed all you do is add a rocket
this

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
this

I would argue that doing that isn't an actual edgeshot. More of an edgebug with a rocket boost. Edgeshots are real, but people mistake edgebugs with rocket boosts for real edgeshots a lot of the time. Actual edgeshots are extremely hard to achieve

By the way, new vocab and you guys heard it here....a failed edgeshot will now be known as a EDGEBOOST!
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
EDGEBOOST!

I think you mean powerbounce.  :P
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
EDGEBOOST!

I think you mean powerbounce.  :P

oh don't even go there old timer. out with the old in with the new is what i say

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
Does hitting speedshot timing really do that much more though? Or is it just a slightly better edgeshot?

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
edgebounce anyone?

(inb4 RNC tells me its impossible but who knows, might be sick)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:41:20 AM by Sir Plopy »

eleven

• View Profile
To edgeshot, you basically need to think of it like you try to speedshot at the very edge of the platform, it's more or less the same timing.
I don't think there is like a special edgeshot that's extremely hard to do, most of my edgeshots had very similar speeds, and I believe what happens is edgebug first, then rocket right after. Obviously I might be wrong tho.
The main thing about it is you get way more horizontal speed (1 edgeshot after a ctap can put you @ over 1100 u/s -> link), which is usually more useful than vertical. Also you can edgeshot on platforms covered with trigger_teleports, helpful with beating some demo maps as solly.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • View Profile
Does hitting speedshot timing really do that much more though? Or is it just a slightly better edgeshot?

Yes, there is a noticeable difference between the two...I'm not sure which map it is but if you get an edgeboost you won't make the jump, if you edgeshot you will make it.

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Edgebounces should be possible.

I do know that edgebuging at bounce height causes a rather weird interaction. You will take fall damage and it looks like horiz velocity gets set to the classes max vel but I haven't really done any work looking into this sort of thing.

Lopez

• Intermediate
  • can't find his car keys
    • View Profile

I do know that edgebuging at bounce height causes a rather weird interaction. You will take fall damage and it looks like horiz velocity gets set to the classes max vel but I haven't really done any work looking into this sort of thing.

Edgebugging is all about being on and off a surface over the course of 1 tick, to the best of my knowledge. So when you go from bounce height you land on the surface during the beginning of a tick, making it impossible to bug.
ultimate hammer mapping tutorial here

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile

Edgebugging is all about being on and off a surface over the course of 1 tick, to the best of my knowledge. So when you go from bounce height you land on the surface during the beginning of a tick, making it impossible to bug.

This would be correct if your horizontal velocity was immediately set to 0, which doesn't happen. Walking speed for a soldier is 3.6 u/tick so a soldier could edgebug on the last 3.6 units of a platform. And at bounce heights you never actually touch the ground you always end up 1.xxx units above it.

In all reality an Edgebounce would look just like a normal bounce, but may have a larger window.

Lopez

• Intermediate
  • can't find his car keys
    • View Profile

This would be correct if your horizontal velocity was immediately set to 0, which doesn't happen. Walking speed for a soldier is 3.6 u/tick so a soldier could edgebug on the last 3.6 units of a platform. And at bounce heights you never actually touch the ground you always end up 1.xxx units above it.

In all reality an Edgebounce would look just like a normal bounce, but may have a larger window.

I only say this because I've made a jump that utilizes auto-edgebugging stairs, and I find that sometimes i'll land on them, take fall damage, and be reset to 240u/s. Which shouldn't happen with an edgebug. I'll have to test edgebugs at bounce height to see if that is the reason.

edit: it's worth noting that when this happens, I still don't get teleported despite there being a 1hu high teleporter above the stairs.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:00:06 PM by Lopez »
ultimate hammer mapping tutorial here