jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Demo two sticky suicide

scur · 10 · 1700

scur

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I don't know what could be done to fix this but I really hate how it feels when I'm halfway through a map and I mess up during a pogo and det my two stickies a little bit late and die and get sent to the beginning of the map.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
Unfortunately there's not much that could be done about this and I feel your pain. Buffing demo health wouldn't be an option due to maps with long prefires or pipetricks becoming easier, and I would say that disabling fall damage could fix this for some situations. However,  sometimes you die without any fall damage like with an uncrouched double or water double. I don't really know much about the workings of the game itself around these deaths other than the basics but maybe someone could find out a solution .

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
As Melon has said, there's not really too much more we can do here.

Tempus already fakes the regen for demos to make it more reliable than vanilla tf2. This has led to some techniques/quirks like prefire stuff that already upsets some jumpers, so we're unlikely to do adjust things any further.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
hey you know that 3 sticky delayed det thing? Is that possible with 175 hp? Just curious
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

879m

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
3 stick is possible but really lucky. Offline dying is a lot worse since tempus has good regen, even though if you take fall damage or bounce and det on the same tick you die regardless.

scur

• View Profile
What about if you do like some jump servers where when you die you respawn at the same spot? Obviously not if you change classes or teams though.

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy
Hook onto the OnTakeDamage event and zero out the damage amount if it will kill the player, which will also nullify the knockback force, then notify the player about what happened.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Just don't. Then you can do risky triple sticky jumps without any penalty of you fail it.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
Just don't. Then you can do risky triple sticky jumps without any penalty of you fail it.
The issue here isn't about triples or something you can 100% avoid. You will die in situations that you never would have thought you could and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Uncrouched doubles work 99% of the time but there is a chance that you will die, which I think is ridiculous and if something could be developed to prevent it it would be beneficial.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
The issue here isn't about triples or something you can 100% avoid. You will die in situations that you never would have thought you could and there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Uncrouched doubles work 99% of the time but there is a chance that you will die, which I think is ridiculous and if something could be developed to prevent it it would be beneficial.
If you can think of something that can't be abused, sure. But I don't see any options that can't be abused.