PR command / Voting

Tyrael · 88 · 11935

ESKIN | Syro? #supernew

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
whitelist players who are allowed to rtv

This is a good idea; how do you guys think it should be decided?

Donations to Oatmeal

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
A refresh over my old proposal, based on an "upgrade scheme".

Permissions given should be based on maps completed, not courses or bonuses.

Beginner Servers
    • Tiers of maps played: 1,2,3
    • Completion of at least one Tier 2 map to vote
    • All players are allowed to join

Advanced Servers
      • Tiers of maps played: 3,4,5 (Tier 6 maps will be included if there is no option for an expert server)
      • Completion of at least one Tier 4 map to vote
      • Players who have completed any Tier 1 map will be allowed to join (Gotta learn from the big boys to get good)

Expert Servers (Currently unavailable)
        • Tiers of maps played: 5,6
        • Completion of at least one Tier 5 map to vote
        • Players who have completed any Tier 4 map will be allowed to join
        This isn't bad but for an expert server the requirements should be completion of multiple tier 6 maps. Tier 5 really doesn't mean much in the way of difficulty for a server dedicated to experts.

EDIT

I have no idea why "list" is being added to my posts, tried removing it multiple times so FUCK IT
        [/list][/list][/list]
        « Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 08:05:16 AM by Melon »

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
        • :}
          • View Profile
        people barely ever vote squared, and usually someone good is there idk. map change if every1 leaves server or something

vexon do u ever reread your posts and think "wow this doesn't actually work"

everyone votes squared all the time because "omg hard map let's do it" and then they all leave in like 5 minutes or something
        map change on everyone leaving isn't optimal because what if people who get in later want to play the map but oh wait just kidding bc the map was already played on in the last 5-10 maps so u can't play it again
        then shorten the map rotation requirements!
        so then when maps don't actually change randomly then we can keep playing the same 3 maps over and over again vexon please you make this too easy

if people vote for it yes!
        5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

John

• video games
        • Novice
          • Frags: +421/-69
          • View Profile
        people barely ever vote squared, and usually someone good is there idk. map change if every1 leaves server or something

everyone votes squared all the time because "omg hard map let's do it" and then they all leave in like 5 minutes or something
        map change on everyone leaving isn't optimal because what if people who get in later want to play the map but oh wait just kidding bc the map was already played on in the last 5-10 maps so u can't play it again
        so then when maps don't actually change randomly then we can keep playing the same 3 maps over and over again vexon please you make this too easy

and this is when 24/7 4starter comes back around and everyone decides to kill themselves

vexon please there's a REASON why there are limits.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
          • View Profile

and this is when 24/7 4starter comes back around and everyone decides to kill themselves

4starters isnt on advanced :}

catfoosh

• Proficient
        • brock is a weeb
          • View Profile
        I don't understand why the expert server would have different permissions than advanced. You don't need to beat a t6 map to understand somebody is running

John

• video games
        • Novice
          • Frags: +421/-69
          • View Profile

this is why i never want to go into mumble

Melon

• Proficient
        • cool cats club
          • View Profile

dear god we have a mumble?
        and the users havent all died of radiation poisoning?
        SHUT IT DOWN

Melon

• Proficient
        • cool cats club
          • View Profile
        I don't understand why the expert server would have different permissions than advanced. You don't need to beat a t6 map to understand somebody is running
        its not just about understanding, this server would be for the highest caliber of players ONLY

pardinensis

• View Profile
        its not just about understanding, this server would be for the highest caliber of players ONLY

What did I miss? I thought, the point of this whole thread was to find a strategy to avoid noobs RTVing you off.

Melon

• Proficient
        • cool cats club
          • View Profile

What did I miss? I thought, the point of this whole thread was to find a strategy to avoid noobs RTVing you off.
        It was but we shifted gears to a different solution, that being an elite server. not that the voting can't still be applied to regular advanced and beginner servers.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
          • View Profile

ur in mumble with us very often you silly goose