jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Missing textures underwater(black and purple)

naykenn

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
i keep getting missing textures when being underwater on some maps and i have no clue how to fix it or why does this happen
it seems that max quality cfg or max fps cfg don't help, i also tried deleting my cfg and use -autoconfig but that didn't help either
it does get fixed when using dx 80 or dx 81 but i really prefer using dx 98
i've looked for solutions but nobody knows how to fix it

would really appreciate some help with this

naykenn

• View Profile
i'm not sure what that means, maybe? idk
could you explain what are they and how to fix it?

edit: i searched it and saw a bunch of commands you need to use to make one and i've never did something like that, at least not that i remember..

naykenn

• View Profile
something interesting that keeps happening no matter what.
i log in to 4starters with dx 80 and get into the water to see if it's fixed, it is.
i log out, changed to dx 98 and hop back in the water on 4starters and it's still fixed
then i switch to the map speed2 for example and i get missing textures there, i change back to 4starters and now i get missing textures there as well.
wtaf, why does this happen? it doesn't make any sense

FLUX+

• I have bonus WRs
    • View Profile
I've had the same problem for many months. It only happens on some maps and not on others and I'm not sure why. I have a lot of weird config stuff set up so I have no idea what part could be causing it.
Bonus world records matter

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
mat_specular 1
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

naykenn

• View Profile
I've had the same problem for many months. It only happens on some maps and not on others and I'm not sure why. I have a lot of weird config stuff set up so I have no idea what part could be causing it.
yeah i figured that it's something with my cfg as well since i've been switching alot of cfgs in the past.
it also seems that i sometimes get missing textures and sometimes i don't, almost as if it's random which is annoying.
for example i've been on the map speed2 earlier and the water worked fine then i alt tab, go back to the game and water had
missing textures again. i really don't know why this happens
mat_specular 1
i tried it before and it didn't help