Welcome B)

Off-topic discussion is now restricted to members only

John · 8 · 1283

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
In other words, you need to login to see the board now. This will help increase registration count because everyone loves memes and shitposting. reduce the amount of weariness from new members attempting to join the community. Yes, viewing shitposts is now a privileged right in which you need to register to get that privilege. Want to shitpost? Work for it.

This will also remove off-topic discussion from recent posts if you are not logged in.

In the event that you want to remove off-topic discussion from the recent posts completely, nolem has written a script here that should help you with that.

I believe this was also how it was at the old TF2Jump forums. Don't remember exactly, tho.

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
make everyone have 500 posts to post tbh
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
Can I suggest a separate off-topic sub-forum that isn't riddled with shit posts.  Having most threads of discussion involve shit posting is just kind of off-putting  to someone who doesn't want to behave like that all the time. Personally, I'd really appreciate that kind of option.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
Can I suggest a separate off-topic sub-forum that isn't riddled with shit posts.  Having most threads of discussion involve shit posting is just kind of off-putting  to someone who doesn't want to behave like that all the time. Personally, I'd really appreciate that kind of option.

yess

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
for real we should make a private forum where you need to be voted in to post in it....and the votes wont be trolled because hardcore memers wont be in it
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile

Completely agree.

Also I think it was brought up in the other thread about this, but there's no reason we can't revote on how much moderation we want. That first vote was done over a year ago wasn't it? We can always change it based on how things are going, and right now I think that may be in order.

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
I feel like off-topic shouldn't even be a place for shit posts but for actual non tf2 related shit. Why is allowing shit posting being considered at all