jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

certain jump not possible with original?

Shuckle · 13 · 3016

Shuckle

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
this is most likely my own fault but after a few hours total of trying this jump with the original i cannot do it

i'm playing jump_competitive_b2 and the turbine jump from one catwalk to another seems like it's impossible with the original because you have to jump off of the right wall, and stock benefits more from that

i can only bump my head on the ceiling or barely miss it with the original. i've also tried ctapping it but you get too much height.
again this is probably my own fault but if it's not i would appreciate any advice on the jump.

protist ?

• Novice
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
I know for sure you can do it with one rocket with the regular launcher, but I've never tried it with the original.

You can definitely tele-sync it with the original, though. Always been a lot more consistent than the single rocket for me anyway.

If you go to the Soldier Jump Videos thread you can see Syro do it in his run from a couple days ago (it's on the last page).

Shuckle

• View Profile
oh wow i never considered tele syncing it; pretty tight timing, though
after hours of not making it, im pretty okay with cheesing. someday i'll do it normally.

ty

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
I don't see why it would be impossible but making a super inconsistent jump harder could make it seem impossible

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Its definitely possible with the original, its just stupid.

A crappy telesync is certainly a viable alternative.

dellort

• Novice
    • View Profile
There should, in theory, be no difference between jumping with the original vs. stock launcher as long as you angle yourself to accommodate the different in firing position. I believe that the tf2 soldier model (and other class models) do not have perfectly symmetrical boxes that interact with the rocket explosions though, so there may actually be very slight differences in how the two weapons affect jumping.

I don't think this would be enough of a difference to make any jumps possible or impossible with one and not the other though.

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
I have never seen Helpless_Soldier, ofey, photon, or any original main jumpers mess up any jumps because of it being the original. Definitely possible.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Really the only exceptions before were very niche stuff like 2nd last on Ring which has a special bounce for stock (walk left or something IIRC) but nothing for the Original (the converse is also true on some other maps but its often just for a speedier option). But now with anglehops its a level playing field for this stuff basically.

There might be some small advantages for one over the other but its really nothing significant.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
anglehops are disgusting and shouldn't exist

friggen auzzies
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

Gnump Stonetoe

• View Profile
Shuckle, if you still have trouble with that jump. A tip is to hit the ceiling with a rocket a bit behind you as you pass one of the ceiling beams. I haven't tried with original though.