jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Getawhale RTV bully EXPOSED

gibus · 33 · 7403

Dr Gains

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
a majority of fluxplus's arguments were perfectly sound because he was a jumper on a speedrun-oriented jump server. maybe if you were on a jumpacademy server his arguments could have been nullified through the usage of save and teleport. but he wasn't.
This. Tempus is a competitive jump server, there are like 70 other jump servers that are not competitive. Still say we should get a min point cap for players using the server for what it is...
Rtv Beginner: 500 overall points. (currently rank 2924). All T1-2 maps for both classes is like 1,600pts excluding courses.
Rtv Advanced: Overall rank 1000. (currently 1640 points). Should start with a higher rank and see if it betters rtv'ing...
Join Advanced: Ideas pushing it, but why have brand new jumpers on an advanced server anyway... 100 points (Rank 5315)

getawhale

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I think Oatmeal's post summed this all up almost perfectly.

"You can take RTV etiquette too far too. Waiting for people to finish runs is the polite thing to do, yeah, but it's not a law or something like that. And politeness has it's limits, you don't have to wait for a guy to finish a two hour long run on an easy map if the server is full of other players who want to change maps.

But it's also not cool to tell other players that they have RTV just because you personally want a different map.

Personally I think this entire discussion is much drama about nothing."

Also thank you Flux for your post, I appreciate your openness and you seem like a level-headed guy. I'm impressed by your ability to see both sides, actually, because I think that's important for anybody, with any issue. I apologize for misjudging you on that day based on your chat. Sorry this became a "thing". Sorry I flipped after honestly like 15 minutes - it felt like longer at the time. Shoutouts to the guy who made it a thread - the internet loves drama, doesn't it.

Hope I continue to see you on Tempus. This thread shouldn't have to go much further. Coincidentally I ran into vexon and some dudes on alle's stream today and I think we're all good here guys, nobody's unreasonable and everybody is basically on the same side. Again, people can add me if they have more to discuss. Peace.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 05:46:28 PM by getawhale »

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
locking this thread since things seemed to be resolved. will unlock if flux+ or getawhale wants to add on anything else in the future.