Post-Restricted User: HyperDan!

John · 12 · 2764

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
Duration: 14 days
Effects: Unable to post on the forums (this includes creating topics).

We didn't want to do this, but the self-hatred was getting way too much for the forums. Earlier today, HyperDan and Ladyboog engaged in a conflict over the usages of commas and HyperDan somehow tied all this in to everyone hating him. The jump.tf forum does not support self-hatred or negative self talk. We let it slide for the past few months hoping that this issue would go away but it clearly did not. And so, HyperDan is now post-restricted for 14 days because we don't want any more of this on the forums.

If this behavior continues after the post-restriction release, then we will resort to longer restrictions for the sake of the community.

plep

• Advanced
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • hi
    • View Profile
Hopefully he will sit back and actually think of what he has to improve regarding his behavior.

Good, now let's move on (again).

Reich | Jump.tf

• Intermediate
  • Wallbugs are fun.
    • View Profile
So I'm not the one to dwell into drama (mostly because I find it stupid), but how did this "Everyone hates HyperDan!" thing come to be? I'm only asking because his actions the past weeks have been... odd, and I'm getting curious. He has made some normal posts lately to be fair though.

P.S. If this is gonna start a stupidly biased shit-talk thread about HyperDan!, just lock the thread now.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
Not sure how it started, but people never actually hated HyperDan until he started claiming people hated him and started being hateful towards others and blamed it on his mental condition when confronted about his bad attitude. Again, we've given him advice before on the forums and in chat but he never takes it and continues to assert that everyone hates him. Naturally since he isn't listening to others and is continuing to complain and make people irritated, people started to actually hate him.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 12:47:05 AM by John »

Reich | Jump.tf

• Intermediate
  • Wallbugs are fun.
    • View Profile
Wouldn't just moderating and ignoring his "shit-posts" be better than restricting him? I think restricting him would just make him a bit more angry (altho I don't know anything about him). I guess all we can do is hope for the best and see what he decides to do with his punishment(s).

Him talking shit and getting shit talked to just makes the situation worse and I guess the last piece of advice would be to forgive and forget.

P.S. Kendrick's post should probably only be valid once the situation is resolved, not delayed. Altho funny was rude.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • View Profile
I've moderated a lot of his irrelevant posts and shitposts already. There's a point where enough is enough. There were numerous posts about him and having high sensitivity that makes him bad or something (??? i use high sens and i'm bad but i really don't care & there are others with high sens they and are actually good). Those kinds of posts were already treading the line for post-restriction but we brushed it off as self-deprecation and not self-hate, which was a mistake because in hindsight it was actually really just self-hate.

Superchuck

• Proficient
  • y-you too
    • View Profile
The point you made where people only hated HyperDan after he started hating himself is pretty valid. Personally, I only hate him because he constantly makes posts that have nothing to do with the topic, and is just seeking out attention (esp with the self-hatred shit).
The Rat Master

qzc

• Novice
    • View Profile
You should probably lock this thread so it doesn't start any shitposting and drama.

Syro