jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

New Bounce Heights Feat. Caber

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Trimping maps with intended bounce strats would be cool, maybe we can now turn it into whole new subgenre of jumping.
P.S. ANGLED BHOPS KILLED JUMPING

Ladyboog

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • ladyboog
Trimping maps with intended bounce strats would be cool, maybe we can now turn it into whole new subgenre of jumping.
P.S. ANGLED BHOPS KILLED JUMPING
Tfw I've been on tempoos for a bit more than a year now, and still don't know what angled bhops are :c

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
Tfw I've been on tempoos for a bit more than a year now, and still don't know what angled bhops are :c

Just watch any chuck/boshy WR/TT run and you'll learn.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
angled demo bounces could work with the help of a plugin to assist you in positioning yourself perfectly in relation to your sticky, but otherwise it's just a random bounce

that's a cool idea, I'm curious if that would actually work

pants

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Might see if I can whip up a template to disable (kill) pipes and sticky launchers and also adjust turn speed (because honestly sensitivity shenanigans with trimping is mostly lame) using triggers if anyone wants to mess around with a map.

Also no idea what height of nonades you might need to allow/dissallow caber surface explosions. It might be similar to pipes at 4 or 1 for rockets. Additionally it may be possible to adjust the recovery rate of the caber to avoid gaming regen so much, but I'm not 100% on that.

• Intermediate
  • bind space hud_reloadscheme
    • View Profile
    • CFG.TF
I already started making a map, 1st course is already done. A simple nonade brush covering the entire level works perfectly. Also blocks loose cannon  explosions.

protist ?

• Novice
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
@ pants & 200

You can also use trigger_add_or_remove_tf_player_attributes to give the old Claid charge time even with the caber. This allows for a lot more interesting trimps!

Here's what my trigger looks like:
(note: I have a custom FGD so idk if it'll work exactly the same for you)

gibus

• Intermediate
  • MEDIC!
    • View Profile
    • Steam
angled demo bounces could work with the help of a plugin to assist you in positioning yourself perfectly in relation to your sticky, but otherwise it's just a random bounce

thats even worse than pitchdown wtf
˄˅

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

thats even worse than pitchdown wtf

I'm saying its an interesting problem to solve and an interesting idea in general. I'm not saying it should be used in runs... smh