jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

hi guys, help me with texture bug?

: x] · 9 · 2236

: x]

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
on jump_4_starters i get this weird texture bug [see pic.], only in that part of the map, and it doesn't go away so i cant really jump there

i use Comanglia's max stability fps config, which i'm 99% sure its causing the issue, but i need it because i have a toaster.

so, anyone know what i have to change in the config to fix the bug?

thx cheers

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
If you're jumping offline most of the time, it is safe to make your FPS config less extreme by tweaking it a bit. 3D Sky is only an issue for toasters on stock maps. Same goes for decals (numbers, signs etc on walls + explosions decals).

• View Profile
i found these values for decals in the config:

mp_decals 9
r_decals 9
r_maxmodeldecal 9
r_decalstaticprops 0
r_decal_cullsize 15
r_drawmodeldecals 0
r_drawbatchdecals 0
r_queued_decals 0

what do i need to change? google was not helpful for default values

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
Decals aren't a big deal anyway, it's just if you want to see all level numbers from jump maps back. But there are several kinds of decals with different names. I'll have to dig into my own config to get you the right commands, if you're interested.

EDIT: okay, I think I got it.
The kind of decals you found is actually the temporary decals (bullet holes in walls, explosions marks etc. Basically things that disapear after a while, in that case, you can only have 9 displayed at once. Which is okay but feel free to change that value. Don't touch the rest, imo.) and the kind of "decals" that I was talking about, previously, are actually named "overlays".

And the command to turn them ON/OFF is the following (I personnally put it in my autoexec file so I can remove it easily, same goes for any command that differs from the main config, I put everything in the autoexec AFTER the config execs)

r_renderoverlayfragment 0/1

I hope it helped. But just as r_3dsky 0/1, it's a matter of visual preference. I used to jump on 4starters with a glitchy sky because I was too lazy to fix it and because it only is actually annoying for 2 jumps in particular (the skip jump in E course and a telesync in D course iirc).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:28:35 PM by Sir Plopy »

• View Profile
alright, ill change them in the jumping config.

also, apparently when i do offline jumping using my jump script, if i decide to join a normal server tf2 crashes...

i only use these commands, plus the teleport script found in this forum, and i switch them back to default when finished jumping... any idea?

sv_cheats "1"
sv_allow_wait_command "1"
tf_weapon_criticals "0"
tf_damage_disablespread "1"
tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads "1"
mp_waitingforplayers_cancel "1"
mp_disable_respawn_times "1"

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
What I do is that I have got a nice balance between casual gaming and jumping configs so I can use the same config for both. So ofc, there are disadvantages and stuff that aren't optimized for each but I'm fine with it.

If your configs are really different, you need to switch from one to the other indeed.

It's all a matter of preference but we're going off topic :)