jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

It's time to stop...

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
tf2 jump is dying because no one maps low level maps so the low levels get bored of the same shit

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I think there are enough low tier maps for people to make a progression from those up to the higher tier maps, just speaking from personal experience. I think saying that no one is making low tier maps is quite dishonest. These are rough numbers for soldier maps:

T2: 23
T3: 92
T4: 127
T5: 83
T6: 32

This doesn't include courses on maps that are lower tiered, so the numbers are skewed towards the highest tier of that map. It also includes demo maps, where the spread is mostly t4-6 for those.

I think most consistent jumpers would be able to complete at least T3, so there are definitely lots of options for those people.

The only real gap is T2, which seems very difficult to create interesting jumps for.

People are leaning towards harder maps because it is easier to be creative without the barrier of a low tier.

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
People are leaning towards harder maps because it is easier to be creative without the barrier of a low tier.

this. go and try to make a unique t1-2 jump. you have to try so hard since anything you add to make it interesting is probably going to push it out of a t1-2 jumpers capabilities. if you can, you still need to make 10+ more to have enough jumps for a map, except its more like 20+ since easy jumps are usually really short.

Boshy

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
MMM  FUCK Y ES TIER 6 MA PS   GIVE T HEM TO ME M MM M   FIL L ME UP WITH TE MPUS POIN TS

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile

T2: 23
T3: 92
T4: 127
T5: 83
T6: 32

As much as I'd like to agree with you, there are SO MANY unenjoyable maps out there, even in the t2->4. But ofc some people have special taste when it comes to jump maps but overall I don't think those numbers matter anyway.

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile
some almost all people have special bad taste when it comes to jump maps

agreed
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:55:18 AM by Melon »

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021