jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

tf_point_weapon_mimic rocket settings

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
HELLO man!

I'm making a jump using 6 tf_point_weapon_mimic entities all triggered by different buttons in order to setup a 7 rockets wallsync. BUT the default settings for the damage of the rocket and splash radius are dumb (75 damage and 50 radius). Does someone know what settings I should use to replicate a real rocket?

So far I tested with 90 damage and 146 radius, wich was way too weak. Right now its 112 damage and 292 radius, it feels good but I believe its still a bit too low. I just have no idea how to find real exact settings, I dont want to make it too easy by cranking up the damage too much, and i dont want it to be too dumb just because the rockets arent strong enough.

If someone know please tell me!

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Pretty sure 112 is the max damage a rocket can do. No clue what the exact radius is.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Rocket_Launcher

"Maximum damage: 112"
"Minimum splash: 9.1ft (146 HU)"

I didn't find anything on the Valve Developer Community tho...

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Yea i saw what the wiki says, but its like the knockback isnt the same. I setup the same jump but with regular rocket, both making it so you prefire 6 rockets perfectly synced together, and tried the wallsync over and over again. With the entities spawning rockets (with 112 damage 292 raidus) i beat the jump twice in 1h, and with normal rockets i got it on my first 5 attempts.

I lowered the end a bit and managed to do the whole jump legit without perfect sync prefires, so i guess that will do.

scotch

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
It's possible that there's a hidden increased knockback for self damage.

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
It's possible that there's a hidden increased knockback for self damage.

It doesn't make sense... You're getting more momentum from someone else's rocket than from your own. (tho this only applies to soldier and demo afaik)

Mac-

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
It will probably be to do with how damage falloff is calculated. Rockets fired from far away do practically nothing.

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I dont remember exact damage numbers, but i tested that. If fired from far away, a normal rocket was doing about 30-40 damage iirc. And those entities do about 75-80 i think.