Welcome B)

Angled Bounces

League · 6 · 1870

League

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
Soo recently I installed 200's offline jump plugin (big shoutout to him:) and it's been very useful mainly in finding bounces to make some jumps a lot  faster. However, some maps require a angled powerbounce or something to complete as soldier (in this case I'm referring to jump_supersereious where its a sync angled powerbounce). I am having trouble understanding how it works, though. Here is what i do:
1) Use the bouncechecker to check the angle for the bounce which reads as a 4 digit number (00.00)
2) open cl_showpos 1 for my angle which reads as a six digit number (00.0000)
3) Try to get showpos as close to specified angle

I never can get it perfectly on it though no matter how little I move my mouse. I usually get within 1-2 hundredths of the angle.
Does anyone know what i may be doing wrong?
Do the last 6 digits of showpos matter?
Should I ignore them?
GAAAH
If anyone has any suggestions or advice, lemme know:)

thx
league
hmm

879m

• Proficient
    • Frags: +2/-0
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
you dont need to be exactly at the right angle, most bounces have a small range that will work. if you cant adjust the angle finely enough just lower your sens

Gorge004

• Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
either you have a VERY weird showpos or youre not looking at the right number. Angle on showpos is 00.00
Like this: https://imgur.com/a/atF1l

To get the angle, if you cant get in the range it gives you, i use a senstivity 0.1 toggle bind, and you can move the angle by 0.01° very easily, then just have that bind go back to your normal sens after youve got the angle.

League

• Intermediate
  • say drugs to no, kids
    • View Profile
you dont need to be exactly at the right angle, most bounces have a small range that will work. if you cant adjust the angle finely enough just lower your sens
I have already lowered my sens but I guess just not enough. Thanks I’ll try that
hmm

Larry

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile

Scorch

• View Profile
For angled bounces, you're trying to force a certain height that you fall from. This usually gives you a range of angles which you can shoot at, which get you to the same height rounded off by the engine at every tick. Tyrael's script gives you a range of angles to 2 digits and has worked almost every time for me, 6 is overkill.