jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Respawn Handler (Instant Respawn, Weapon Slot & Spawn Location)

SimplyJpk

• Frags: +0/-0
  • Just Jump ~ Owner
    • View Profile
Description
When you use !newspawn it'll store the location of the user and their eye angles, from then on, when a player dies (Suicide, Kill, map trigger), it'll teleport them to this location as they respawn, also setting their active weapon to what they were holding when they died.

It'll store a position for Blue and Red, using what ever team you are when you use the command as the team

Setup
If you want database setup (Storing position between maps) You will need a Database config setup for 'details', the plugin will automatically create it's required structure on load. It'll create a new table for 'SpawnLoc'

If the plugin fails to connect to the database an error will be thrown, but it will continue to work. Just not save between maps

ConVars
ir_usedatabase - Whether or not the plugin stores Spawn Locations (default: 1)

Commands
sm_newspawn- Stores the location and eye angles of user, any re-spawn after this will teleport you here.

Why would I want this?
Two main reasons I can think of,
a) Some maps have long starts, or spawning in a random location in a big room, this'll attempt to relieve this, it doesn't remove the respawn location, so team, or class changes will still spawn you to the default location. It probably wouldn't be much of a stretch to add this, but I just don't need it.
b) LocalGames where you have the server on your machine, you could quickly practice a jump by using !newspawn and keep retrying the same jump.

Potential Conflict
It may conflict with other plugins trying to re-spawn players, you can use sdkhooks to kill the player in other plugins instead of TF2_RespawnPlayer most plugins use, or remove respawning from this plugin by commenting out line 197, I haven't tested that, but it should still be capable of moving the player once the player respawns.

Edits
[15-July-18] Fixed when a client would change class between servers respawn time (if not instant) which caused CIV, also added a part that allows players to shoot a bit sooner than if they naturally respawned.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:23:32 PM by SimplyJpk »