sciens · 9 · 2453

sciens

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile

cl_showpos 1
cl_pitchdown 180
bind s +forward
bind w +back

use ang 102-103 (does not work on tempus)

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Setting your angle through commands doesn't work on tempus yea, but other than that it should work just fine

sciens

• View Profile
Setting your angle through commands doesn't work on tempus yea, but other than that it should work just fine

I was told pitchup/down is banned because it would make angled bounces too easy for soldier. Imagine if we had pitchdown allowed just for demo since stickies are rng, or exclusively allow a value of 360 degrees since it doesn't fix your angle to one spot. Just an idea; I know this is super trivial and might make certain demo jumps cheesable/easier. Also it might cause inconsistency in tempus rules so I'm not advocating for it.

hehe just jumpbug it

This was just meant to be a proof of concept

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

I was told pitchup/down is banned because it would make angled bounces too easy for soldier. Imagine if we had pitchdown allowed just for demo since stickies are rng, or exclusively allow a value of 360 degrees since it doesn't fix your angle to one spot. Just an idea; I know this is super trivial and might make certain demo jumps cheesable/easier. Also it might cause inconsistency in tempus rules so I'm not advocating for it.
You can use cl_showpos 1 to look at your angle. But you can't use commands to instantly make you look at the ground in the right angle. But if you manually got the angle (will take a couple of seconds) it's fine.

sciens

• View Profile

You can use cl_showpos 1 to look at your angle. But you can't use commands to instantly make you look at the ground in the right angle. But if you manually got the angle (will take a couple of seconds) it's fine.

This angle is impossible to get without pitchdown because the minimum angle of 89 degrees is too high up  :-\
The other way to downair jumps like these without a wall is to downair non-linearly, but that is harder.
Edit: cl_pitchdown 360 doesn't snap your angle to a precise spot (if you do a full 360, it does reset your aim to a certain spot, but it doesn't let you get a perfect angle toward the ceiling every time with normal sens).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 06:28:20 PM by sciens »

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Ah right, no it really makes sense to me. I didn't test any of this ingame. For some reason it also didn't pop up in my head that the max angle is only 89

newjuls

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I mean you can do this with downair just by spinning, its not rng at all

this is just plain cheating lol

sciens

• View Profile
I mean you can do this with downair just by spinning, its not rng at all

this is just plain cheating lol

Yes it is 100% cheating, but what I meant by rng was that angled bounces are impossible for demo. And by spinning I assume you mean doing a downair pair and turning around after firing/detting each sticky. Now this would be very unlikely, but what if a soldier map came out with a hitbox-wide hole downair for demo (no roller and notele on the sides). Just daydreaming sorry :D