jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

"Jumpthrough" Videos for the Jump Academy 2 Map

firestabber

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hello!  For those who don't know me, I'm a mod at Jump Academy who has a passion for teaching (I was a teacher before a mod and I continue to teach).  I've started to create a series of videos to explain to newer jumpers how to do various techniques to help them learn to beat the courses in jump_academy2 in a way that will prepare them well for other maps and later development.  At the time I'm posting this I've only released videos for six of the seventeen courses, but in time I'll have the whole map covered. 

I also plan to release videos covering techniques not taught in the map (such as alternate bounce types/setups, ctaps, which I know is already overdone, and wallbugs).  I'll probably look into creating in-depth walkthroughs for other maps, too, if people are interested.  So far I've geared stuff towards low-tier jumps/techniques, and when I branch out to other maps, I'll likely choose t3 or lower maps at first.  I suspect this is where the greatest need is, since most higher-skilled jumpers are plugged into the community enough to know where to look for help on the harder stuff.  However, I wouldn't be opposed to making a video explaining how to do the jumps in fauvism, for example, in the same style as my videos for JA2. 

I'm always looking to improve my videos to make them more engaging, professional, and accurate with each new one I release.  I hope that in time it will become a deep yet accessible resource for learning how to jump.  So go ahead and send newer jumpers to my channel, provide feedback on my explanations and video editing for future improvement, and let me know what you think would be good to add!

Playlist with JA2 "Jumpthrough" vids
Link to the channel

-Firestabber

UberTaco

• Novice
  • hello im gay
    • View Profile

mazlli

• Novice
  • i use left viewmodels
    • View Profile
A simple voiceover with music and transitions  straight to the point, not much else to be said. As you get into more complex courses you should expand on the mechanics of each course more, ie speedpogo, cornerpogo. I feel the walls course will be a bit of a challenge since everyone doesn't seem to wallshot the same.  Still a great presentation nonetheless. Nice work!

firestabber

• View Profile
Last night I released perhaps the most important video of the series - Easy Strafe!  Now there's a proper introduction to rocket jumping from zero prior knowledge. 

I've also made a video on medium pogo since I made the first post here (plus a video going in-depth on bounce setups and jumpbugs).  Eight courses down, nine to go.  Easy Walls will be my next priority, followed by Easy mixed.  Might actually do Hard Pogo before addressing the rest of the medium courses.