jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

SEGWAY 3 by Googler

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
I admire that he can edit like that, but I dont like it.

Same for the Jotw he editted, cool and stuff, but not good for watching imo.
This style takes too much attention away from the jumps and frags.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 07:13:04 PM by Dr. Heinz »

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Yeah I'll just flat out say it. It's shit.

There is way too much going on and way too many stupid effects and filters. I feel like this kind of editing is less of a "look at these cool frags" and more of a "look how 'good' I am at editing!" I honestly couldn't tell what the hell happened in at least half of that video. A good edit doesn't come from millions of demo smooths thrown together in a seemingly random manner. A good edit comes from the frags. If the frags are easy to see and have nice transitions between them it will be a perfect edit. If the frags aren't easy to see the edit is shit. There is no need for to put a unique filter or transition every 3 frames of a video.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, and because of that I'm entirely wrong and should die according to a lot of other people.

• Novice
  • youtube.com/allebwai
    • View Profile
    • lol4
Yeah I'll just flat out say it. It's shit.

There is way too much going on and way too many stupid effects and filters. I feel like this kind of editing is less of a "look at these cool frags" and more of a "look how 'good' I am at editing!" I honestly couldn't tell what the hell happened in at least half of that video. A good edit doesn't come from millions of demo smooths thrown together in a seemingly random manner. A good edit comes from the frags. If the frags are easy to see and have nice transitions between them it will be a perfect edit. If the frags aren't easy to see the edit is shit. There is no need for to put a unique filter or transition every 3 frames of a video.

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, and because of that I'm entirely wrong and should die according to a lot of other people.

die u fucking piece of shit
Make sure you subscribe to youtube.com/allebwai and follow twitch.tv/alletf for high quality content on a daily basis.

BQE

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
nice ad for tf2, not really an impressive jump/frag video for tf2 players
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:34:43 AM by BQE »

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Is it just me or is half of this video sponsor clips  :-\

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Not really sure what kind of competition this is; but if it's an editing competition and not strictly a frag vid competition I think he did pretty well.  If that's the case, then the gameplay is just raw material for showing off editing skills, which he definitely has.  The sniper effects were creative, and the camera moves, especially between like 1:17 and 1:25 were pretty sick.

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
i would say 'overedited' would be the correct term for this

if the whole point of this frag video was to show how well one can edit, then it's perfect
but if it's for the frags, i don't really see shit because they're all instant and don't show much

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
 :-\  what has he done to my tf2???
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:58:53 PM by ReMaXeD »

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
Takes a lot of skill to edit like that, but I think it's a lot of unnecessary work because of how crazy and clustered it is. Less editing, more TF2 please.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌