punishment for cheats?

No punishment
Ban from Begginings 2
Other (post)

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
We generally distrust you and that is why you can't participate. If you want to call that disqualification, then yeah you are disqualified.

Regarding "getting banned from the forums or servers", that is up to owner of the forums Rokio, the admins of Tempus (Rob and Jayess) and owners of each server individually.

internal

• Novice
    • View Profile
does he even speedrun ? banning someone of something they might not do, its laughable to say the least
is he an experienced jumper ? never saw a clip or demo of him actually jumping
sure he tried to pass those runs as legit and for that he gets categorized as cheater and untrustworthy
I think people are emphasizing too much on banning x or y based on personal disputes, instead of actually discuss the pros and cons of releasing his plugin or software or whatever to the jump scene.
There are worse people trolling around the forums and servers everyday, and nobody cares to do anything about them ....

Tubs

• View Profile
I got cum on me just by reading this; it's one of the biggest circle jerks I've ever witnessed.

Stop trying to spur discussion about shit that doesn't matter.  It doesn't matter whether or not alle/cody knew, you're not going to snitch on a friend of yours unless it's hurting someone/something.  Where is the damage? Where is the reason to care? Top jumpers knew it was fake and alle/cody both knew it too.  You're all butt hurt because you feel lied to? Grow up, you were fooled. Stop this shit show, you got him DQ'd, it's over.

Bonafide

• Anything can only be as relevant as you make it
    • View Profile
I don't think this has to do with "being lied to" but more the "integrity" of this all, and especially since it was not just 1 random speedrun cheat (like zigzati) but 4 runs which included a contest, that is what pisses people off.

Oatmeal

• Proficient
    • View Profile
instead of actually discuss the pros and cons of releasing his plugin or software or whatever to the jump scene.

There is a different thread for the pros and cons of him releasing his plugin. Also just because you like the idea of him doing something good for you or the community doesn't justify the shit he did.

There are worse people trolling around the forums and servers everyday, and nobody cares to do anything about them ....

The only person who pulled a comparable dick move was be Raiin and he had the decency to disappear so we didn't have to talk about it.

I got cum on me just by reading this; it's one of the biggest circle jerks I've ever witnessed.

You should add Alle on steam, you two seem to have much in common.

Tubs

• View Profile
Does he call you out for being useless too?

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Did you just make an account to yell at people?

Tubs

• View Profile
Did you just make an account to yell at people?
The shit-headery needs to stop.

Lurked for a while, this whole ordeal you fools have going on here irked me enough to make an account.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 01:42:45 PM by Tubs »

Bonafide

• Anything can only be as relevant as you make it
    • View Profile
Does he call you out for being useless too?
The grand entirety of 4 posts you made were the most useless things on this forum, excluding mine  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:38:48 PM by Bonafide »

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile
i'm not sure *why* we are trying to ban cody and alle from running in beginnings in the first place.
frankly that was a dumb idea and i'm happy that obsidiian has the mindset to look over such issues

we are not banning Casual from the forums. i don't see >why< we would even do such a thing if we let stone ruin threads

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
As John said, there is really no reason at all to ban Casual from the website/forums.  As for server bans, that is up to the people who run the servers in question.  Casual will be disqualified from Beginnings 2.  Cody and Alle are free to run.  That is final unless something else comes up, and even then it would require proof other than a bunch of rumors based on accounts from second-hand sources or paraphrased chatlogs in order to get them disqualified as well.