jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Bounce Speedshot

Cyan · 13 · 2705

Cyan

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I was wondering if it would be possible to perform a speedshot bounce. Does a speedshot send your hitbox too close to the tele surface sending you back or would this actually be possible. Sorry if this sounds kinda nooby but many people here understand bounces alot better then I ever will.

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
It is impossible to get a bounce speedshot because a speedshot implies that you touch the ground. This being said, some bounces will act somewhat similarly to speedshots if you hit the rocket at the right angle.

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile

Gebobus confirmed hacker..?

Bounceshots are indeed possible.  A bounce happens when you land 2 units above the height of a surface on a given tick.  However, because of differences in server and client side calculations, this can register as hitting the ground without triggering the teleport.  Jamien explained it well on an old tf2jump.com thread (http://www.tf2jump.com/tf2jumpforums/forums.tf2jump.com/index.php/topic%2c1498.0.html).  But yea, to answer your question, bounce speedshots are entirely possible.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 05:21:53 PM by obsidiian »

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Yep hexahedron_v2 jump 17 can be done with a speedbounce (imo best way to name it) after you hit your head on the ceiling. Also there are a fair few videos of people getting lucky bounces during speedpogo/sync catches.

Cyan

• View Profile
Now do we know exactly what happens on those freak pogos that just send you flying. I'm assuming not because otherwise people would be abusing the crap out of it.

Dr Gains

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Its just a bounce, while already having speed. You should be able to do them more consistently if you find rooms where you ceiling bounce, could also be something implemented into a map if you use the right bounce heights.

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Well I'm pretty sure if that was the way it worked then all bounces would be bounceshots because all bounces on from the same height HAVE to happen at the same height above the tele platform. It's probably true that all bounces are also speedshots. On the map I'm making, i have a number of bounces like that that are bounces but feel just like speedshots.

could also be something implemented into a map if you use the right bounce heights.
Working on it  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Cyan

• View Profile

Working on it  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I'm hyped. Even though I am currently forced to rocket jump through SFM.

Torii

• Intermediate
  • Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
    • View Profile
Speedshots and part of bounces both work on from the same fault of the Source engine (resetting fall velocity to 0 the instant you hit the ground), so every time you do a crouched bounce you're basically doing a "speedshot"

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile
That's what I was thinking...

Speedshots are actually hard version of bounces, because you don't only have vertical speed.  8)

nolem

• Proficient
    • View Profile
    • Youtube

Speedshots are actually hard version of bounces, because you don't only have vertical speed.  8)

You can still bounce if you have horizontal speed...

plep

• Advanced
  • hi
    • View Profile

You can still bounce if you have horizontal speed...

I know but whatever, those are the same, no ?

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
No there's a 1 or 2 unit difference from where the player is in relation to the ground (not sure if speedshots happen at 0 or 1 unit over the ground, bounces are at 2 units), you go higher off a bounce than a speedshot, and you can speedshot from any height (there is probably a max) and bounce heights need to be very specific/lucky.

Both are 1 tick interactions with the ground where your velocity is temporarily set to 0 on your client but there is a slight difference.

Also I think (and have done no testing) that you can bounce at 0.X unit intervals as well but no one has bothered to measure them out because 1 unit is good enough and no one cares that much