jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Jump sensitivity and pixel skipping.

ys · 11 · 3949

ys

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hey,

Since i have turned windows mouse acceleration off i have become a lot more accurate with classes like sniper and spy. However, as soldier, my jumping has suffered quite a bit. It feels like the sensitivity is so low that it's pretty hard to look up when you hit the ground during a sync to see how far the rocket is.

Now i have heard many people say that if your sensitivity is over 2.7128, you will experience pixel skipping. One of my questions is, does that really matter for classes like soldier and demoman?

I was thinking of changing my sensitivity in those two class configs higher. I what some of you are thinking, and it's that i should get a decent mouse. I know that, i will soon, but I'm not looking at doing something like that right now.

So what do you guys think? Does pixel skipping and going past 2.7128 sensitivity hurt your play as soldier and demo?

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

ys

• View Profile

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Use whatever is comfortable for you.
Some use a really high sens and other a really low.

ys

• View Profile
Use whatever is comfortable for you.
Some use a really high sens and other a really low.

Yeah i know that. But the thing that I'm concerned about is pixel skipping. I would like to make my sensitivity higher, but i don't know if pixel skipping effects the soldiers gameplay at all. I'm at the max sensitivity before you reach pixel skipping which is around 2.72. I know the skipping is not good for sniper or spy, but i want advice from more experienced players so i came here to ask what you guys think about the whole pixel skipping issue that comes with higher sensitivity in regards to jumping, and actually playing soldier in a real match.

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
I did this at .8 inches to 360 (6 in game + 3500 DPI mouse)

Use whatever the fuck sens you want.

ys

• View Profile
You're really over thinking this.

Yeah i guess you're probably right. I barely know what pixel skipping is. I came back to TF2 after years of not playing and everyone started warning me to lower my sens or it would cause it. I was just wondering if pixel skipping actually mattered or not, i guess not.

I did this at .8 inches to 360 (6 in game + 3500 DPI mouse)

Holy shit, that's a pretty awesome jump.

Use whatever the fuck sens you want.

Ok, i get it. That's been stated by almost everyone in the thread, lol. I was mainly asking about pixel skipping, but i guess it doesn't matter.

Peace

• I like demo :D
    • View Profile
I play on around 30cm/360 and I find it easy to look up for a sync.
I think you should make your sensitivity as low as possible but to were is feels confortable to you. I would start by making your sensitivity your width of your mousepad then decreasing after that.

879m

• Proficient
    • Frags: +2/-0
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
Pixel skipping is irrelevant for jumping, no jumps need pixel perfect aim. Just use a cfg to switch between.

ys

• View Profile
I play on around 30cm/360 and I find it easy to look up for a sync.
I think you should make your sensitivity as low as possible but to were is feels confortable to you. I would start by making your sensitivity your width of your mousepad then decreasing after that.

Thanks for the advice, i appreciate it.

Pixel skipping is irrelevant for jumping, no jumps need pixel perfect aim. Just use a cfg to switch between.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Yeah i thought that might be the case when it comes to jumping, but i was a little confused as to if it would hurt my play as soldier in regular games, but as someone else stated, I'm probably overthinking that.

I'm trying out putting different sensitivities for different class cfgs and that works pretty nicely, but sometimes it goes out of sync and the sens from the last class will carry over to the next. I probably messed up in one of my cfgs somehow i guess.