Welcome B)

Bounce Question

Vexon · 2 · 1459

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • :}
    • View Profile
So I was thinking about bounces and shit.

Bounces are measure by speed right? Like if you fall a certain speed, you can bounce. It isn't measured by the height you fall from, it's the speed you get from falling from that height (if i am correct). If RNC did that one bounce at max velocity in falling speed, doesn't that mean that max velocity is a bounceable speed?

I was thinking about a jump possibility where if you fall from the ceiling height, it won't be bounceable, but if you do a ceiling quint and it pushes you downward with enough speed to where you can get max downward velocity, you could bounce.

Is this a possibility or am I going insane?
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Bounces are measure by speed right? Like if you fall a certain speed, you can bounce. It isn't measured by the height you fall from, it's the speed you get from falling from that height (if i am correct). If RNC did that one bounce at max velocity in falling speed, doesn't that mean that max velocity is a bounceable speed?

Well what I've been finding is that it's not the speed you go or the height you start from it's really where you are 1 tick before being teleported.
If you are between 1 & 2 units above the ground it can be bounced, and it just so happens that we can find exact heights that lead to this situation always.

So 3500u/s is bounceable IF you end up being 1-2 units above the ground. And at that point you're travelling 52.5 units per tick so it's pretty easy to miss.

In theory you can bounce at any speed, but only from certain heights, because you need to be in that zone.

For all 'un-lucky' bounces it's kinda all three factors, but that's only because they are just so set in stone and we now know exactly when and where it can happen.

And for lucky bounces it's mostly whether you end up in that butter zone or not.
That said you can still calculate whether it's bounceable or not based on the vert velocity and vert position. Which is how BounceAlert works.

I was thinking about a jump possibility where if you fall from the ceiling height, it won't be bounceable, but if you do a ceiling quint and it pushes you downward with enough speed to where you can get max downward velocity, you could bounce.

Is this a possibility or am I going insane?

That could work but you would probably need 6 rockets. That's just because a crouch jump gives you an additional 277 u/s + the bonus of crouching.
I haven't looked into how much speed you would get from just 5 perfect rockets and no jumping or crouching. Nor have I looked into what happens when those 5 rockets hit you in the head.

If you do want to do this tho you will need to use Jrecord pretty much just because it'd be so hard to get exactly what you want.