Welcome B)

Why do uncrouched doubles kill you?

SALSAA · 8 · 1877

SALSAA

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
Basically the title, and this is as demo.
I am sure it isn't a third sticky, and I've been able to replicate.
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

Washed up hack

• Intermediate
  • P O W E R B O U N C E
    • View Profile
This is because the sticky bombs the demoman shoots do "damage". In Team Fortress 2 there is a mechanic in which if you take more damage than you have health, you die. I think this might be what is happening. :) also range affects damage xd. crouching and jumping put you farther away instead of uncrouching right on top of it
Obeezy #1 fan

shoutout to my main man obz and my good friend b boogie. They are wonderful people.

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
This is because the sticky bombs the demoman shoots do "damage". In Team Fortress 2 there is a mechanic in which if you take more damage than you have health, you die. I think this might be what is happening. :) also range affects damage xd. crouching and jumping put you farther away instead of uncrouching right on top of it
.-. seriously, i honest don't think that uncrouched doubles should kill you, because if only c-tap doubles can kill you, how to uncrouched ones do?
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +9/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

879m

• Proficient
    • Frags: +2/-0
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
It only happens if you jump and det pretty much at the same time, its not too hard to avoid. Still, it shouldn't be happening, unless you can somehow do 175 dmg with 2 sticks right in the centre of the blast. Imo we should also be asking why doubles sometimes give you the knockback of one stick but detonate both.

Torii

• Intermediate
  • Whirlwind "Torii Hurricane"
    • View Profile
It only happens if you jump and det pretty much at the same time, its not too hard to avoid. Still, it shouldn't be happening, unless you can somehow do 175 dmg with 2 sticks right in the centre of the blast. Imo we should also be asking why doubles sometimes give you the knockback of one stick but detonate both.

One sticky blocks the other's explosion

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
You can also kill yourself with 2 stickies while crouched. Don't need ctap for that.

newjuls

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
You can also kill yourself with 2 stickies while crouched. Don't need ctap for that.

WHAT?!?! never seen that happen