Welcome B)

Max Velocity Question

SALSAA · 5 · 1786

SALSAA

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
So, I was pushing for a bonus record (skilled, ikr) and I got a really good pipetrick. With /speedo, the speed showed 3,600 u/s. Is this even possible? Was it a speedo error? Oh, and also I was moving half diagonally.
Would appreciate an answer soon, especially by RNC (that guy knows his stuff)
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
The reason is that the cl_showpos velocity is actually just all 3 speeds merged into one. Guyyst sent me the actual math behind it and I think it was like the square root of all 3 velocities added together.

especially by RNC (that guy knows his stuff)

guyyst

• View Profile
Uhm he specifically said that he used !speedo, not cl_showpos.
But what RNC said still holds up, since !speedo is calculated like this: sqrt(x_vel^2 + y_vel^2)

So you probably had full speed on one axis and a little speed on the other, since the max velocity is 3500 per axis.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:54:59 PM by guyyst »

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
But what RNC said still holds up, since !speedo is calculated like this: sqrt(x_vel^2 + y_vel^2)

So you probably had full speed on one axis and a little speed on the other, since the max velocity is 3500 per axis.
Thanks. That was what I was guessing. Also I think its sqrt(x_vel^2 + z_vel^2) because vertical velocity isn't accounted for in /speedo. Emi was arguing against for like 15 minutes a couple weeks ago >:l
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

guyyst

• View Profile

Thanks. That was what I was guessing. Also I think its sqrt(x_vel^2 + z_vel^2) because vertical velocity isn't accounted for in /speedo. Emi was arguing against for like 15 minutes a couple weeks ago >:l

Oh I just forgot which axis was the vertical one right there :D