jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

plateauing for 2 years

sevin · 13 · 2232

sevin

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
yo

ive been playing tf2 for 3 1/2 years and i started jumping after a few months. i got better over the course of a few more months but after about a year i realized i wasnt getting better. its been 2 years since then. havent gotten any better. there was a time about a year ago where all i did was jump for 4 months straight. jumped for a couple hours every day. didnt get better. took a break and came back. didnt get better. what the hell do i do?

to give you an idea of my skill: i can complete maybe 1-2 of the maps in the medium list stickied in this forum.

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
soldier or demo
man cannot ascend with worldly values holding him down

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile
play more

play maps that are a challenge

if you arent having fun then find something else to spend your time on

« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:50:27 PM by Shunix »

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile
keep track of the maps you beat and play progressively harder ones or find a couple maps you really like and go for progressively faster times

TomSinister

• Novice
    • View Profile
What I like to do is grind a maps that are above my skill level for an hour or 2 until I cant jump anymore. The next time I try it, I can get a little bit further into the map until I finally beat it. Sometimes this process takes a few days, sometimes it takes a year. Either way, its a great way to see tangible progress that you are making.

internal

• Novice
    • View Profile
watch demos of tpn runs, watch demos of yourself, pay attention to the damage markers, and dont throw your mouse/aim all over the place focus on it ! and speedrun (even though i hate it and dont do it cause it makes hate the maps where i try it ... it definitely helps with consistency)
also high sensitivity it definitely hurts most people, not all of them, this game has way too much ppl playing with shitty sens like 2 inch/360, it works for some ppl but it hurts more imo

sevin

• View Profile
soldier or demo

soldier

What I like to do is grind a maps that are above my skill level for an hour or 2 until I cant jump anymore. The next time I try it, I can get a little bit further into the map until I finally beat it. Sometimes this process takes a few days, sometimes it takes a year. Either way, its a great way to see tangible progress that you are making.

almost all maps have some jumps that are above my skill level and they just get frustrating. i feel like im ok with basic techniques but im just so inconsistent i fail the simplest jumps quite frequently.

ill record a demo today so you guys can see if you want.

Mireal

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
i play demo but i think this applies to both classes, you gotta find a map that challenges you and keep playing it until you beat it. It gets frustrating but when you beat it that satisfaction will outweigh the  frustration  8)

879m

• Proficient
  • Techa mengu, go!
    • View Profile
Don't choose a super hard one for you to grind if you do that though, playing one map for weeks is boring. Better if it only takes 2-3 days of trying.

tyjle

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Don't choose a super hard one for you to grind if you do that though, playing one map for weeks is boring. Better if it only takes 2-3 days of trying.
Whenever I'm grinding a map I'll take occasional breaks to something a little easier to regain some of my sanity. Something not too easy but not too hard, like cheval or littleman.

proto3inch

• View Profile

John

• video games
  • Novice
    • Frags: +421/-69
    • View Profile