jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Triple bouncehops

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
I don't fully know why, but for some reason horizontal velocity effects how much speed you get off of a bouncehop. And it looks like 275 u/s off the first bouncehop is the rough number that works the best.

Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jE8CmjCoVSe2QM4VG4qZ1QyFXqfFNXXYOet6N688HZ8/edit#gid=0

I'll try to publish the map either when pakrat stops being a butt or with different textures.
I went with different textures: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b5gyg75gc9gqnm/jump_triple_bouncehop_test.bsp?dl=0
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 06:02:38 PM by RNC1839 »

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile
on gateway b2 i setstart 1 unit above the ground and got a triple bhop first try
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
on gateway b2 i setstart 1 unit above the ground and got a triple bhop first try

Can you send me a demo of that? because that shouldn't be possible.

protist ?

• Novice
  • *floats around aimlessly*
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Is this at all related to how market gardener crits can be kept by jumping? I've definitely seen people jump 5-6 times and still have their market garden crit.

Lopez

• Intermediate
  • can't find his car keys
    • View Profile
Thats amazing

Does it only depend on horizontal velocity? Or will the number of consecutive bouncehops depend on horizontal and vertical velocities?
ultimate hammer mapping tutorial here

HyperDan

• Advanced
  • Retired Jumper; 2014-2021
    • View Profile
Is this at all related to how market gardener crits can be kept by jumping? I've definitely seen people jump 5-6 times and still have their market garden crit.

I'd assume so. It uses the same bhop technique from both HL2 and quake. They're both the same frame and have to be frame perfect for them both to work.

SALSAA

• Intermediate
  • pipetrick connoisseur
    • View Profile

Can you send me a demo of that? because that shouldn't be possible.
Well its on a like 5 hour demo that isn't uploaded from tempus so ask gauge and good luck finding it.
Why do you read this like it doesn't even matter just read my message its probably more important