jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

It's time to convert.

ReMaXeD

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
  • Serious poster
    • View Profile
So let's be honest: When it comes to jumping, the stock rocket launcher is a crutch.

It is well-known that the original shoots from the center, but is that all that makes it superior?  The answer is no; the original is also easier to see in the dark.

To expand on how the rocket shoots from the center,  I'd first like to turn your focus to the name itself.  The title, "Original", denotes that the weapon borrows characteristics from previous iterations.  Most notably, the rocket launcher of quake; one could say tf2 soldier jumping as a whole was largely inspired by this game.

Now, that being said, why change the firing angle in the first place?  Before I answer this question, let us look at the developer's track record.  We're talking about people that believe random criticals are a fun and interesting mechanic.  People that believe the key to balancing gameplay is adding more unlockable weapons.  Putting it kindly, they are out of touch.  Thus, let me ask you this in return, can you really trust such developers to equip you in a way to maximize your potential?  The only logical reason they would have it fire there is for your immersion.  Here, let me explain how their need for immersion has held you back all this time:
Right wall bias: "Clearly, only a fool would start off of the left wall, the angles are so ridiculous at low speeds!"
- let me show you of a world where the angles are manageable and make sense; both on the left, and the right side.
Pre-fires are hard: "When I aim my pre-fires at different distances(especially longer ones), it's really difficult to get it to land directly where I want it to go."
- but it doesn't have to be this way, can't you see that rocket launcher is just holding you back!
Too much work: "I can't switch now, it's like re-learning everything from the beginning.  It would take too much time and effort!"
- this is just admitting that you are willing to be less than your best.

When the original was added on August 3, 2011, there was more significance than a mere weapon being added.  It was a message from valve admitting their mistake.

I have forgiven valve; can you?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 11:05:17 AM by Rokio »

AI

• Administrator
  • Proficient
  • Plugins Developer
    • View Profile
    • Jump Academy

Melon

• Proficient
  • cool cats club
    • View Profile

porkie

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +1/-0
  • play momentum mod instead
    • View Profile

catfoosh

• Proficient
  • brock is a weeb
    • View Profile

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile

Brock

• Novice
    • View Profile
I may not support this movement, but I do respect you for fighting for what you believe in. I love you, Dad.